Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
UC Irvine Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
UC Irvine Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
UC Irvine Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage (UC Irvine) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Anyone for R1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Merage (UC Irvine) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Application submitted for R1
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
writetodixit wrote:
Application submitted for R1

Good luck! Who else submitted application in R1?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.21
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I have submitted for round 1 this week.

I noticed that when reviewing the application post submission and fee payment that it showed there were things missing from my application such as years of work experience and uploaded files for transcripts and essays. After explaining and providing examples of my concerns to the admissions staff they noted that mt application was complete on their end.

If you experience the same problem do not hesitate to contact the school to confirm that they have received all of your materials as required to have a completed application. This is apparently a recurring issue with their new application system. They are working on their end with their application vendor to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Good luck to everyone! I highly recommend contacting student ambassadors to get their take on the program it was extremely helpful in my decision making process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Invited for a interview. Mail states it will a pre-recorded set of questions. Re-applicant.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Done with the video interview. Hope they are convinced and give me a chance for skype session as well! Fingers crossed :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Submitted my application on Sept 27th for Round 1 deadline that was Nov 1st. Received invite for in person interview Nov 3rd and was given a number of dates to chose from for scheduling.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Applied early October. Received interview invite 10/31. Had skype interview later the same week. Was told I would hear back in late November.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
souvilibra wrote:
Done with the video interview. Hope they are convinced and give me a chance for skype session as well! Fingers crossed :)

Video Interview? I did not get any mail for the video interview? Is it mandatory for all?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had an in person interview and it went really well. It was with Christian Hansen who was extremely welcoming and friendly. He had a set list of standard questions but it was really more of a conversation to build understanding both for him in terms of my vision and for me in terms of what the school has to offer. It was scheduled for 30 minutes and lasted about 45 because we had plenty to keep chatting about. Later that day I joined a current first year student for a class which was very insightful. She was able to give me a brief tour and introduce me to a number of classmates and faculty, all of whom were extremely warm and open. Merage truly has built a good culture and it is now even higher up on my list of consideration for attending. Best of luck to everyone else applying if you have any questions feel free to message me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Concentration: Human Resources, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.9
WE:Web Design (Computer Software)
Send PM
souvilibra wrote:

I just got an invite for the video interview. Is it that we have another skype interview based on this video interview? Can you please share your experience in this video interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GPA: 3.35
WE:Operations (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I had an interview last night on Skype (India Time 11:30 P.M.). The questions were asked from the set of questions list. Christian Hansen was my interviewer; he was friendly and made me feel relax. I am quite excited about knowing the depth of the culture, and UC Irvine ecosystem from Christian. Now, I am waiting for the admission result outcome. Fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
This was told to me by Rachel from admission team:
In some cases, before a skype/in-person interview, they ask candidates to participate in a video interview. It's not an indication of an applicant's increased or decreased chances, but rather an incremental step to learn more about the candidate.
My point of view:
I am a re-applicant and they wanted to see if I am still the same or have improved and that's why before skype they wanted me to do this. There will be 3 questions, 30 sec for preparation and 90 seconds for speaking out. You can learn more about questions types if you register on the Kira portal and practise.
Some candidates are through without the video interview part.
My experience:
I dont actually remember the questions to be very honest but it went like a breeze. They want to hear out your perspective n things. Just be yourself.

I got a skype invitation after the video one. I chose Ashley for the discussion. It went on for around 40-45 minutes where we touched upon multiple things such as my current role, how was my experience with previous employers, how will merage help, other schools and how would i chose and so on. There was no surprise elements, but I must say She came up with interesting questions. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation. And now, waiting for the results.

All the best to all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Concentration: Human Resources, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.9
WE:Web Design (Computer Software)
Send PM
Completed video interview on 21st. Got an invite today for skype interview. Any insights from all those who are done with their skype or in-person interview will be most appreciated. Any kind of suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi

Is it mandatory to courier transcripts and degree for international applicants?

My university gave me transcripts in sealed envelope but said I will have to mail them myself, university will not send those directly to Merage.

Is there anybody with a similar concern?

I already had my interview on 21st.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ajmba2017 wrote:
Hi

My university gave me transcripts in sealed envelope but said I will have to mail them myself, university will not send those directly to Merage.

Hi there ajmba,

I am not international but I had my transcripts sent to me (from two institutions) and sent them in to the school together do reduce confusion when pairing them with the application. They were both accepted and paired with my application without problems. As long as the transcripts are in sealed envelopes with university stamps and on university letterhead then it should be totally fine for you to send it in yourself via a larger fedex envelope or otherwise. Just do not open or tamper with the sealed transcript envelope and it should be considered official at any school you apply to. If you are still worried then you can contact someone in the admissions office they are all super helpful and friendly.

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ajmba2017 wrote:
Hi

It's mandatory to get considered for a decision. Send them as soon as possible.
As suggested by funkyleaf, you can either ask your institute to send them directly or put the documents in an envelope, get it sealed and signed, and send it by yourself.
I am an international applicant, and I got my univ registrar to seal and sign on the envelope, and then sent it to UCI.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts