Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [19]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [2]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Re: GMAT Online Debrief - 730 (Q47, V42) [#permalink]
Thank you for sharing!

Question - does the whiteboard clear when you move onto a new question? Also can you adjust the size of the whiteboard? Did you have a problem with space on the whiteboard?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Quant seemed easier and Verbal seemed harder to me than the practice tests I've taken. Could to totally subjective though.

Interesting. I daresay many people expected the Quant section to pose more of an issue.

How long did it take to do all the logging in and stuff?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry, I don't think I can quote text since I just joined!

The white board was nearly identical, except that for some reason you can't use the back arrow. So, if you typed HELLO and wanted to change it to JELLO, you can't just press the back arrow 4 times, you have to click next to the H, then backspace and type J. You can also change the size and shape of the white board window however you choose, and it stays up the whole time unless you click to get rid of it, and doesn't clear unless you click to clear it. I expanded it all the way across the bottom of the screen and up to half the screen height.

As I said earlier I really only used the text and pencil features so I really don't have all that much to add :?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
The initial setup was pretty easy. Exactly the same as the system test. You have to take pictures of your work station, yourself, and your ID with your phone. Didn't take more than 15 minutes, although I would definitely log in earlier and run the system test so you don't come across any unexpected problems (videocam issues, mic issues, etc).
Senior SC Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 35485 [0]
Given Kudos: 9464
Send PM
Expert Reply
allmoosenoantlers wrote:
Sorry, I don't think I can quote text since I just joined!

The white board was nearly identical, except that for some reason you can't use the back arrow. So, if you typed HELLO and wanted to change it to JELLO, you can't just press the back arrow 4 times, you have to click next to the H, then backspace and type J. You can also change the size and shape of the white board window however you choose, and it stays up the whole time unless you click to get rid of it, and doesn't clear unless you click to clear it. I expanded it all the way across the bottom of the screen and up to half the screen height.

As I said earlier I really only used the text and pencil features so I really don't have all that much to add :?

allmoosenoantlers , you've helped a lot. We are grateful. Good luck with your scores, and thanks again.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: LBS '24
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
allmoosenoantlers wrote:
The initial setup was pretty easy. Exactly the same as the system test. You have to take pictures of your work station, yourself, and your ID with your phone. Didn't take more than 15 minutes, although I would definitely log in earlier and run the system test so you don't come across any unexpected problems (videocam issues, mic issues, etc).

allmoosenoantlers

Thank you for such a wonderful debrief. Good luck with your scores.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
allmoosenoantlers wrote:
Hey yall,

I took the GMAT ONLINE test at 8am today. Some notes:

- I took a practice test Saturday with the Manhattan prep white board, and decided I could handle it. I primarily used the typing function to type out formulas. Barely used the pencil.
- I was a little more pressed for time on Quant and IR than I would have liked, but not so much more than normal.
- If you hold your hand to your face, your face goes off camera (if you're looking down or hunched over), or if you are mouthing words to yourself, the proctor will chat you and tell you to stop. That was a bigger distraction for me than using the white board.
- Quant seemed easier and Verbal seemed harder to me than the practice tests I've taken. Could to totally subjective though.
- I didn't get an unofficial score. I'll let yall know when I get my score in.

Good luck!
Moose

Hi..Thanks a ton for sharing your experience. I have some specific q’s: I have an HP laptop, using a trackpad is better or using a normal detachable mouse?..I cant seem to be able to write anything on the whiteboard without a struggle. Also, if we are using a trackpad, any tips on how to write quickly?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Thanks a lot for your insights!

When closing the whiteboard to advance to the next question (not sure if it closes), did you lose the content in there?

What strategy did you take with the formulas?

Thanks in advance,
Pablo

allmoosenoantlers wrote:
Hey yall,

- I took a practice test Saturday with the Manhattan prep white board, and decided I could handle it. I primarily used the typing function to type out formulas. Barely used the pencil.
- I was a little more pressed for time on Quant and IR than I would have liked, but not so much more than normal.
- If you hold your hand to your face, your face goes off camera (if you're looking down or hunched over), or if you are mouthing words to yourself, the proctor will chat you and tell you to stop. That was a bigger distraction for me than using the white board.
- Quant seemed easier and Verbal seemed harder to me than the practice tests I've taken. Could to totally subjective though.

Good luck!
Moose
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 312
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.87
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
allmoosenoantlers wrote:
Hey yall,

Good luck!
Moose

Hello,

Thank you for sharing.
I just wonder if the whiteboard pops up on the different windows rather than the question window, thus, you should go and back between windows?
Or the whiteboard is a tool will appear right to the question, thus, you can solve and take notes while you are on the question window?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ok, trying to answer as many questions at once:

Hi..Thanks a ton for sharing your experience. I have some specific q’s: I have an HP laptop, using a trackpad is better or using a normal detachable mouse?..I cant seem to be able to write anything on the whiteboard without a struggle. Also, if we are using a trackpad, any tips on how to write quickly?

I don't have any experience using a track pad. For me, it was MUCH faster to just type out formulas with the text function rather than trying to write numbers or symbols. Formulas wind up looking more clumsy [ e.g. x^2 * sqrt(2) = (250/12)*y ], but writing them out is a non-starter. For division I would sometimes just hit "enter" to make it look more like a fraction, like below:

5280 = 264 = 132 = 66 = 22
3600 = 180 = 90 = 45 = 15

When closing the whiteboard to advance to the next question (not sure if it closes), did you lose the content in there?

I just wonder if the whiteboard pops up on the different windows rather than the question window, thus, you should go and back between windows?
Or the whiteboard is a tool will appear right to the question, thus, you can solve and take notes while you are on the question window?

The whiteboard is its own window, but clicking an answer or the question, or going to the next question, does not cause it to disappear or for the test to pop over it. It's basically "docked" to the test page. So yes, you can solve and take notes while on the question window, and your notes DO NOT disappear between questions.

Moose
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Send PM
allmoosenoantlers wrote:
Ok, trying to answer as many questions at once:

I don't have any experience using a track pad. For me, it was MUCH faster to just type out formulas with the text function rather than trying to write numbers or symbols. Formulas wind up looking more clumsy [ e.g. x^2 * sqrt(2) = (250/12)*y ], but writing them out is a non-starter. For division I would sometimes just hit "enter" to make it look more like a fraction, like below:

3600 = 180 = 90 = 45 = 15

The whiteboard is its own window, but clicking an answer or the question, or going to the next question, does not cause it to disappear or for the test to pop over it. It's basically "docked" to the test page. So yes, you can solve and take notes while on the question window, and your notes DO NOT disappear between questions.

Moose

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this. "For me, it was MUCH faster to just type out formulas with the text function rather than trying to write numbers or symbols. Formulas wind up looking more clumsy [ e.g. x^2 * sqrt(2) = (250/12)*y ], but writing them out is a non-starter. For division I would sometimes just hit "enter" to make it look more like a fraction, like below:

3600 = 180 = 90 = 45 = 15"

Could you please share more such examples for ex - how did you write/solve 3 digit number multiplications, equations involving roots in fractions, general algebraic equations etc

Thanks a lot for the help and sorry for the bother
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22044 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi allmoosenantlers,

Thank you for sharing. Good luck with things moving forward.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
allmoosenoantlers, the online whiteboard appears to the right of the question or do we have to go back and forth to use it? If we have to go back and forth, we will might forget the information about the question, right?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
allmoosenoantlers, the online whiteboard appears to the right of the question or do we have to go back and forth to use it? If we have to go back and forth, we will might forget the information about the question, right?

I've been getting questions a lot about this , so I made a graphic to show how I positioned the whiteboard on the screen. The white board is docked to the testing screen, so in whatever position you put it, it'll stick there until you close or move it. It also won't disappear when you click on the testing screen.

(Moderator to post image since I haven't been a member for 5 days :-) )

Originally posted by allmoosenoantlers on 22 Apr 2020, 04:57.
Last edited by bb on 22 Apr 2020, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Image added
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72868 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks! Posted the image mockup since the OP cannot yet post images/links.
-BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
allmoosenoantlers

Thanks brave one. However, on the quant, were the calculations and solving-process of a problem lengthy? I recall my multiple official attempts, and quant was quite lengthy on the pad. To replicate all that on the blackboard seems very time-consuming.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [6]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my score! exactly 6 business days (8 days) after I finished.

Quantitative Section Score: 47
Quantitative Score Percentile: 60
Verbal Section Score: 42
Verbal Score Percentile: 96
Integrated Reasoning Section Score: 6
Integrated Reasoning Score Percentile: 68
Total Score: 730
Total Score Percentile: 96

Boom! Super excited!

For comparison, I took 3 practice tests and got 720, 730, and 740.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts