It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 19:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Transfer of deposit and initial fees with minimal fees

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: LBS, INSEAD, IMD
Transfer of deposit and initial fees with minimal fees [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2009, 02:41
Hello all,

can somebody advice me what the best possibility for the deposit and fee payment is? I am from Germany (€ zone) and need to transfer 7500 GBP to the LBS account.

I know that the CreditCard (Mastercard) takes 1.25% fees

I requested more information about my bank, but I have not yet received it.

Does anybody know if the service that OANDA is offering is trustworthy, reliable, cheap and working?
http://fxglobaltransfer.oanda.com/

Are there other possibilities? Or should I change the money and pay it when I am personally in GB?

Thanks a lot! As I assume that everyone from the euro zone has this issue, I hope that someone can advise me on this point.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Schools: St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal
Re: Transfer of deposit and initial fees with minimal fees [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2009, 04:42
Bank transfer is probably the best option.

You can also do an IBAN transfer to an account in the UK. I recently did like . The cost was low (don't remember exactly how much).

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Schools: LBS '11
Re: Transfer of deposit and initial fees with minimal fees [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2009, 17:19
I haven't used it personally, but OANDA seems to be legitimate. I have been using HiFX (http://www.hifx.com) for all of my FX transactions from USD to GBP. They've been pretty good to work with thus far.

It may be worth posting this in the Financial Markets forum (under B-School Life) as well, since the regular posters there frequently use online FX transfer services for trading, etc.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Transfer of deposit and initial fees with minimal fees   [#permalink] 08 Jul 2009, 17:19

Transfer of deposit and initial fees with minimal fees

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap