Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Treasurer's office of General Motors [#permalink]
Kudos
I don't know how it compares to the other two groups, they don't recruit at Fuqua. About 30 people showed up at the GM presentation, which is average turn out. I believe GM Treasurer's Office recruit at other top b-schools, so I think it would be fairly competitive. If they don't recruit at your school, you'll have to do some extra leg work to get your resume read and convince them why they should spend time/resource interviewing you instead of through the traditional routes.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
bseb wrote:
Thanks asimov. Do you know how competitive it is? I mean is it similar to Siemens' internal consulting group or Disney's strategy group?
From what you saw, did it seem like a lot of student were interested? Apparently, their main location is in NYC but there's always the risk of ending up in DETROIT :?

Both firms you mentioned recruit at Ross, and generally getting into the GM treasury role is about as competitive as these two options. For those looking at Banking and Consulting, this is a great Plan-B as a lot of the work is extremely similar.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
If you want more of a general management program in the auto industry, I know Nissan has a solid program. They recruited very heavily from Kellogg last year and a few of my good friends joined and seem to be enjoying their time greatly.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks riverriper. It seems like a great program. I saw on Nissan's website that they require between 5 and 8 years of work experience. Do you know how flexible companies are with the minimum number of years of work experience? Let's say you only have 4, would they still consider you?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I dont know how flexible they are about work experience. If you are within a year most companies wont reject you without a fair evaluation. If you had two they probably wouldnt even look at your resume. I think their program is probably the best one in the auto world at this point in time. GM is located in NYC though and not detroit, so it gets a lot more interest because of locatoin.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
I dont know how flexible they are about work experience. If you are within a year most companies wont reject you without a fair evaluation. If you had two they probably wouldnt even look at your resume. I think their program is probably the best one in the auto world at this point in time. GM is located in NYC though and not detroit, so it gets a lot more interest because of locatoin.

Yeah, I don't think I could convince my wife to move to Detroit. That's actually a big issue for me. I would love to do a rotational program in gm but I cannot really move every 6 months (which is how most of the programs work right?) because of my significant other ;) Maybe consulting would be a better option. I could be based in a big city and travel home every week...
Do you know if many Kellogg students applied to the GM treasurer's office program?

Thanks again for your insight on this thread and all the others. I must say that your posts on this forum are probably some of the most useful.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 4800 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
riverripper wrote:

Do these program consider students with about 12 years of experience with goal to move up the executive ladder in the company?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
goalsnr wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Do these program consider students with about 12 years of experience with goal to move up the executive ladder in the company?

I'm probably not as knowledgeable as river on this subject but I have seen some programs with a maximum number of years of work experience.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I dont recall any companies posting explicit experience maxes...not to say they wont reject you for that.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
Math Expert
92933 posts
GMAT Tutor
1905 posts