Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30802 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [0]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4654 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Trying to judge my verbal prep. [#permalink]
Expert Reply
kas007@india.com wrote:
I am an engineering student trying to prepare for gmat. I started of a bit over 3 weeks, and have been focusing on verbal section only. I went through mgmat verbal books and then went on to do OG16.

I haven't really given any CAT since I haven't really gotten a lot of time to sit in one stretch for long enough, also, I haven't touched quant section.
When do you plan to take the GMAT? I don't think it's a good idea to exclude one section entirely. If you are good at (and even enjoy!) quant, you could consider starting off. At a minimum, it'll help you break the monotony of doing only one section :)

kas007@india.com wrote:
For SC, my accuracy has been 70% on an average.
For CR, for the first 80% of the questions my average was 80-90%, but it has dropped to 65-75% in the remaining 20% questions in the end.
For RC, it's been a constant 85% from beginning till end, varying from RC to RC.
Your RC looks fine. Next step: a full length test.
CR: the questions in the OG tend to get tougher as you progress. It'd be great if we could carry the 80-90% accuracy into the tougher questions as well, but I wouldn't worry too much. This looks good given that you've been studying for only 3 weeks. The amount of effort you need to put in from here on will depend on your target score.
SC: did the accuracy drop off or has it remained constant? If it has remained constant, you might need to spend more time working on your concepts.

kas007@india.com wrote:
P.S I did the whole OG by timing each question. CR average 105 sec, SC average 85 sec.
You seem to be on target. Just take a quick look to see whether you can see any variation with difficulty (for example, some people get through the initial questions pretty quickly and that brings the average time down, which could be misleading).

kas007@india.com wrote:
How should I be judging my score? Also, I seem to have hit a kind of a dead-end on CR especially, I am looking to further on improve on it. Any tips?
A GMATPrep would give you the most accurate estimate of your current ability. If you want a soft start, take the diagnostic test included in the OG. Take it untimed. Don't analyze the GMATPrep questions if you want to use the GMATPreps again in the future (you almost certainly will want to).
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Trying to judge my verbal prep. [#permalink]
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts
GRE Forum Moderator
13961 posts