GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Feb 2020, 05:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tuck or Fuqua ($$) with an energy focus

new topic post reply Update application status  

Tuck or Fuqua?

• 35% [6]
  • 64% [11]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Reviews Badge
Tuck or Fuqua ($$) with an energy focus  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2015, 08:26
I'm in at Tuck and at Fuqua with a scholarship offer. Still waiting to hear about any potential scholarship offer from Tuck, but guessing that's unlikely. I'm struggling with this decision and have a few days to make up my mind before a deposit is due. I know I'd be very happy at both schools, but the decision is still tearing me apart!

I'm currently leaning towards Fuqua because it provides greater opportunities to concentrate my studies on energy/clean tech, which is the field where I hope to work after school. Tuck does not appear to be very strong in the energy field. Tuck started the Revers Energy Initiative with a newly endowed chair a few years ago, but that seat still hasn't been filled. The initiative appears to be geared more towards oil and gas anyway, which is not the type of energy that interests me.

However, I prefer the Tuck culture and I think the recruiting, the alumni network, and the quality of the classroom experience would all be better there than at Fuqua.

Does anyone have any experience with the energy curriculum at either school? Should I take the scholarship money and better academic specialization at Fuqua or is a Tuck MBA too good to pass up? Any help making this tough decision would be much appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Tuck or Fuqua ($$) with an energy focus  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2015, 11:46
I am having the same problem. I declined Yale last week and then got into Tuck yesterday, so now it is between Fuqua and Tuck for me as well. I went ahead and submitted my deposit for Fuqua on Friday and plan to attend Tuck's ASW in April. Worse case scenario is I am out 2k if I choose Tuck. I attended BDW last weekend and really hit it off with the students current/incoming. I am interested in Energy consulting and I agree that Fuqua's concentrations is an advantage. And I actually see Tuck's lack of energy as a challenge and a chance to push myself to help expand their energy focus... I'd say I am leaning towards Fuqua for now though.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V46

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2015, 22:20
I voted for Fuqua. As I read the thread, it seems I share similar background to you guys. I am interested in Energy Consulting (clean tech) as well and Fuqua's energy concentrations are very appealing. When i visited Tuck, I personally felt that students spoke highly about Revers Initiative, but they couldn't answer specific questions that would make me feel that Revers is a well established energy initiative. I also feel that Fuqua is way ahead of the energy game when compared to other schools aside from McCombs.

mbaduder..... aside from my point above, I also feel that scholarship $ is not something to scoff at. No one really knows what the economy will be life when you graduate and if you can cut down on student debt that is something one should strongly consider. Just my two cents.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 04:37
If you guys are interested in energy, I am happy to discuss it from a Tuckie point of view.

Full disclosure: Currently a member of Tuck's energy club
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V46

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 12:18
Flyte........ thank you for your offer. I am very interested to know your career goals and why you picked Tuck over Duke and Yale (your bio on the site says you were accepted to all three). Also, if you could talk about specific things done through Revers Energy Initiative would be great.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2015, 15:59
Flyte, I am also on the same boat as mbaduder. It would be great if you could shed some light what goes on at Tuck regarding the energy sector.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Tuck or Fuqua ($$) with an energy focus   [#permalink] 19 Feb 2015, 15:59

Tuck or Fuqua ($$) with an energy focus

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste