It is currently 22 Oct 2017, 19:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tuck Scholarship Application

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 152 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross Class of 2011
Tuck Scholarship Application [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2009, 10:21
So I got an email this morning saying I need to complete the Application for Tuck School of Business Scholarships. I applied to Tuck through the Consortium so I was very surprised to so I needed to fill this info out. Along with some tax info Tuck requires a 500 word biographical essay.

Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience

**Anyone have any tips on this essay - They already have my College/Previous Work Experience/Why MBA/Why Now/Short-term/Long-term goals essay.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Tuck Scholarship Application [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2009, 12:56
Yea got the same surprise Email
I did not check the finanacial aid deadlines since Tuck did not show any signs of life till now
(I yesterday got a clarification on this from a current student and other applicants and it seems they are not inviting for interviews).
any way its weekend and my accountant is probably sailing in his boat so i will have a pressing time to get all those tax returns.
I asked around about the essay and the answer i got was it should be your background (where you grew up, school history, what you have done professionally etc. )

hopes it helps

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Schools: Rady School of Management at UC San Diego GO TRITONS

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2009, 10:58
I got it too lsuguy. Fortunately, I've already done my taxes & FAFSA. My bio was only about 400 words, and pretty dry.

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tuck Class of '11

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2009, 12:34
I concentrated little bit more on my upbringing and how it shaped my interests that I mentioned in my resume and application. I also briefly talked about my job choices and future goals and what that meant to me. But I did not get any $$, so not sure if I put together the best possible essay.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 15

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2009, 11:34
I actually split mine into 2 short essays - one on my career aspirations and one on my community involvement...I didn't get any money either, so I'm not sure what the best approach is. If I remember correctly, the financial aid committee will not read your essays, so feel free to include repetitive information.

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2009, 07:44
I picked an event that had a substantial impact on my interests, passions, professional aspirations, etc. (from college), and described how it has shaped the direction of my life since. (For what it's worth, I did receive some scholarship money.) Also, a little trick for filling out the application -- if you have Adobe Acrobrate Pro, you can fill it out on a computer through the "typewriter" functionality. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2009, 14:54
My essay pretty much was a longer version of my goals essay. I just added in some additional details about why I wanted to do my long-term goals, and more about my current work experience. I actually reused a lot of the text from my Tuck goals essay. And yup, I did get $ from Tuck. :)

Edit: I think the Tuck thread also has more on what others on the board wrote for the schollie essays.

hope this helps!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Schools: Ross Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2009, 15:17
Longer version? The essay I was asked to write is 500 word max - biography essay so Tuck can get to know you. I emailed it in this morning so got my fingers crossed I've got a lot of red ink in my profile.

SVP
SVP

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2009, 15:25
lsuguy7 wrote:
Longer version? The essay I was asked to write is 500 word max - biography essay so Tuck can get to know you. I emailed it in this morning so got my fingers crossed I've got a lot of red ink in my profile.

Well I basically stretched out the goals piece from earlier essays and went into more detail about the goals and the background..

Re: Tuck Scholarship Application   [#permalink] 02 Mar 2009, 15:25

Tuck Scholarship Application

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap