GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Feb 2020, 00:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UCLA Anderson vs Duke Fuqua

new topic post reply Update application status  

UCLA vs DUKE

• 63% [26]
  • 36% [15]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.85
UCLA Anderson vs Duke Fuqua  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 08 Apr 2015, 11:58
Hi everyone,

Would love your opinion here! I'm fortunate to have the tough decision between Anderson and Fuqua, where scholarship is equal. I have a background in CPG finance, and am looking to pursue marketing in either Entertainment or Tech. I will be relocating with my husband and we want to end up in California post mba.

My struggle is they are both strong for Tech but UCLA specializes in entertainment. However, I have the perception Fuqua is more elite, the alumni network stronger, and the program more rigorous. The culture of both schools seemed collaborative but I've had the opportunity to spend more time at Duke, which sways the sentimental feelings slightly. My last concern is how my husband will transition and find a new job.

I guess I'm really in debate how prestigious of a brand name each school is and if I should let that influence my decision. As well as how important location of school is to where you want to work post mba.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by LAD2802 on 08 Apr 2015, 09:08.
Last edited by LAD2802 on 08 Apr 2015, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: UCLA Anderson vs Duke Fuqua  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2015, 10:50
If you want to go to tech/entertainment and you want to live in Cali post graduation, Anderson is the best choice in my opinion. It would streamline making connections with others in the industry and finding a job.
Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge
Re: UCLA Anderson vs Duke Fuqua  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2015, 19:01
Have you had a chance to reach out to Fuqua alumni on the West Coast to discuss possibilities of recruitment over there?

By reading the subject line, probably everybody would say 'Duke!' but your explanations make Anderson a much more reasonable choice.
With scholarships being equal and Fuqua being ranked way higher than Anderson, you could try to negotiate some more money with UCLA, which might help you make a decision.

Congratulations to both admits!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: UCLA Anderson vs Duke Fuqua   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2015, 19:01

UCLA Anderson vs Duke Fuqua

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste