GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 22 Feb 2020, 22:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

UCLA vs. USC ($$$) vs. Haas (re-apply)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
UCLA vs. USC ($$$) vs. Haas (re-apply)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2014, 18:31
Hoping you all can weigh in as i'm very torn!

I was recently accepted into UCLA Anderson, no scholarship. I was very worried about incurring $130k+ of debt when I received the very tempting half-ride scholarship from USC. I have also applied to Haas but have no heard back so I assume a dinge. I was waitlisted from NYU.

My post-grad goals are to work in technology and/or media & entertainment space in California. I am an international student so I will have to overcome visa hurdles (generally only large firms are willing to sponsor).
I have visited both schools, I really liked UCLA but didn't spend enough time at USC Marshall to really form an opinion. I have heard some negative things about Marshall that leave me underwhelmed (commuter school, not so great area of LA etc).

My questions:

1. UCLA is by no means ultra elite. Do rankings matter much aside from the top 10 schools? Ie: should I be bothered that USC ranks substantially lower, or forget the rankings and take the scholarship?
2. Should I say no to both and try again for Haas, NYU or Columbia next year?

and of course, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Any thoughts at all would be very appreciated!

Thank you all and happy new year!
GMAT Club Bot
UCLA vs. USC ($$$) vs. Haas (re-apply)   [#permalink] 31 Dec 2014, 18:31

UCLA vs. USC ($$$) vs. Haas (re-apply)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste