Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
When I saw 710 on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes!

You mention on your title that you got 700. In the post you say 710. Which one is it? Or you probably mean 700 club.....which means 700 or over...so 710 then?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hindustan wrote:
Quote:
When I saw 710 on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes!

You mention on your title that you got 700. In the post you say 710. Which one is it? Or you probably mean 700 club.....which means 700 or over...so 710 then?

I was asking for the entrance of the club and yes, I got 710 :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3283 [0]
Send PM
Re: Umm, excuse me, where is the entrance of 700 club?Q:50 V [#permalink]
Eren wrote:
It is OVER! I have to thank to all who contribute to the site by sharing their experiences, studying methods, questions & answers etc. The road to GMAT would be a lot painful without GMATClub.

I could start studying for the test in just August because of school load and the internship I was doing. I have always been good at maths but verbal part was a real headache for a non-native speaker such as me. So, I focused on verbal part as I was feeling confident about quantitative.

Although I had limited time, I cannot say that I was that hardworking: no error logs, no other helpful materials mentioned and used by other members (but that's just me, please take those advices seriously. Time to time, I felt the need for a good error log) and not many practice tests (PrincetonReview 1: 650, PR 2: 690, GMATPrep: 760). The last test I took was 3 weeks before (the new semester began, so I didn't have much time for prep. tests).

There was a cool morning in Istanbul today. I woke up at 5:45AM (I had scheduled the exam for 9:00AM) and left home at 6:30. For those who know Istanbul, I took a bus to Kadikoy first then took the boat to European side. For those who haven't seen Istanbul yet (you're missing alot), I enjoyed the great view of Bosphorus during the trip.

About 9:00AM the test started. AWA part was better than I was expecting. The quantitative part was also OK but as the end of the test approached, I got nervous and thought that everything was getting worser. During the break, I streched some and washed my face. I can't say anything much about the verbal part as I couldn't focus on it. Unconsciously, I began to answer the questions like a machine. When the section ended, I had 10 minutes left. I began to pray for a 650 but wasn't sure if I would be able to see even a 630-640. When I saw 710 on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes!

Now, I have some articles waiting for me for my undergraduate thesis. But you know what I'm doing? Plugged in my dear '95 American Deluxe Strat Plus to its amp, counting down the seconds to play some real music. Thank you everyone, I'll be around :)

Time to rock, time to roll!

Merhaba Eren ,

It's the magic of Bogazici that brings you to the 710 club!

Congrts~~ Turkyie rocks!!!
GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 693 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
 Q51  V50
Send PM
[#permalink]
It's nice to see beautiful scores coming from a beautiful city!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats and welcome!

In a completely unrelated matter - I saw a fascinating documentary on Istanbul and how there are roman aqueducts under the city..very cool.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
necromonger wrote:
Congrats and welcome!

In a completely unrelated matter - I saw a fascinating documentary on Istanbul and how there are roman aqueducts under the city..very cool.

Merhaba All,

necromonger, there are also some tunnels that were used by Byzantines, most probably for evacuation. It is rumoured that one can reach any part of the city using those tunnels. Istanbul is full of such things, I don't know how many more wonders she has :) (you have to come and see them for yourself). But I must admit that we don't look after them the way we should :(

I wonder if there are any other cities with such a slow progress of subway (or should I use metro?) construction? Want to learn why? Each time the municipality wants to speed up the work, it finds itself digging the remains of an old settlement :) I love this city...

By the way, it is so great to see people who know about Istanbul (even the Turkish name for Bosphorus ;) ). I hope you enjoyed your visit or what you saw.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats 710 buddy (I got the same score..)good to see a great ending to hard-work.

Good luck with the apps/

:P
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts