It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 13:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

UNC MAC = Ripoff

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 0

Concentration: Accounting
GRE 1: 1440 Q780 V660
GPA: 3.97
UNC MAC = Ripoff [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2014, 00:24
This post received
KUDOS
They fudge their stats, and if you have no connections, don't attend a country club, and haven't been to 30 different countries, you're up the creek. One telltale sign: They claim that 100% of their alumni donate to the school, but i know of at least 5% of the graduating class that didn't, and they had students donate in those people's names. Business ethics in the 21st century, brah!

I'd venture most "higher" education is that way, but UNC MAC really sets the standard.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: UNC MAC = Ripoff [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 08:19
Are you really that unhappy with the program? What happened? I am considering them as my top choice and have heard nothing but good things, even from past graduates. One told me you're basically guaranteed a job as long as you don't do something really stupid...

Posted from my mobile device

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 29115 [0], given: 5272

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2014, 12:52
tarheel1226 wrote:
They fudge their stats, and if you have no connections, don't attend a country club, and haven't been to 30 different countries, you're up the creek. One telltale sign: They claim that 100% of their alumni donate to the school, but i know of at least 5% of the graduating class that didn't, and they had students donate in those people's names. Business ethics in the 21st century, brah!

I'd venture most "higher" education is that way, but UNC MAC really sets the standard.

Sorry to hear about the experience so far - how is it going a month in? Are you still around or you withdrawing from the program?
I can tell you that no program/school no mater how highly ranked will be perfect. None of them are. Even the top 3 or the top 5 have issues and idiots. How idiots get in there - I have no idea, but they must be smarter than me since they figured it out.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 29115 [0], given: 5272

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Concentration: Accounting
GRE 1: 1440 Q780 V660
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2014, 12:49
This post received
KUDOS
bb wrote:
tarheel1226 wrote:

Sorry to hear about the experience so far - how is it going a month in? Are you still around or you withdrawing from the program?
I can tell you that no program/school no mater how highly ranked will be perfect. None of them are. Even the top 3 or the top 5 have issues and idiots. How idiots get in there - I have no idea, but they must be smarter than me since they figured it out.

I'm an alumnus, graduating near the top quarter of last year's cohort with no offer. With a 720 GMAT, no "idiot" am I. I can actually speak English (though with a Southern flair), unlike some of the graduates. I don't have a frat or country club pedigree, and I don't summer all over the world, so that could've been a dealbreaker. I used the STAR technique during behavioral questions, was reasonably social (talked about sports, travel; asked about the recruiters' experiences and advice; listened closely*).

With an online program soon gearing up, UNC diploma mill won't be any more "prestigious" than U of Phoenix! At least U of Phoenix is rather up front about their association with banksters and other rent-seekers; "public" schools like UNC are sheep in wolves clothing.

*Something half the graduating class seemed unable to do, judging from class experiences.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2015, 11:39
Could you give any more detail about what your experience with the recruitment process was? Maybe what kind of jobs you were interviewing for in which cities? I'm interested in the program and know that the numbers the school uses don't fully reflect the situation for graduates. At the same time, it's hard to take this very seriously when you just keep railing on fraternities and country clubs (and I don't have any connection to either).

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 18:23
As a current student in 2017 this information is still very accurate.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: UNC MAC = Ripoff   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2017, 18:23

UNC MAC = Ripoff

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap