Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
djhouse81 wrote:
Before I get carried away with this answer, what kind of a promotion is it? Is it something that could change the theme of your application. I was promoted earlier this year, but if that happened now I wouldn't have been able to write about my experience because it would have been only a short period of time. Of course schools want to see progression, but at this stage, think of how it will affect your submitted application. Will adcoms be saying, "this makes jpjazzman the all-around student that we want"? Or, are they going to say, "this progression sounds very interesting and prestigious, but he does not have enough of it to warrant any substantial experience; let's wait a year, and maybe this promotion will give him more experience"?

I digress, what kind of promotion is it? (Congrats, by the way!)

Thanks!

Well I am in a small and flat organization (only Partners and Associates) so the change in promotion is really only from Junior to Senior Associate, but I received a much larger than usual increase in my base salary and a subsequent bonus. I know at this point the adcom decision has already been made in most likelihood, but I just wonder if it would help show how I've advanced through the organization since at the time of my application I had only been with the firm for one year and so there hadn't been much of a chance in my compensation as reported on my initial application.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dont worry about it...if you are applying R2 definitely put it in those but its not worth the trouble of trying to get it in on R1 apps. They are probably through most of the review process already and a lot of schools dont even accept stuff.

However, if you do get on the dreaded WL a promotion/raise looks very very good.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It sounds like a title and pay grade change, which is good because it shows how much they value you. Plus, from the sound of it, your responsibilities won't change, so your experience is face value--assuming that it is strong in your apps. So, I think that this will benefit your submitted apps. However, I agree with Kryzak, give admissions a call to determine whether you can send anything in or not.

Hopefully, you will not be waitlisted anywhere, but if you are, River is correct, you will have some solid ammunition with this promotion and raise in order to make it to the top of the WL. How about we just cut out that WL step and get straight to the admit, right?!?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 699 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
I called UCLA and Standford Admissions, and they both said to just email the promotion/pay raise information to their email address (UCLA has it on their website, Stanford will give it to you on the phone).

Haas I still need to call, but I keep on forgetting they close at 4pm instead of 5pm. Grr!

Hope that helps!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]