Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:Wharton, Chicago
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Send PM
Re: Unique Situation...Help [#permalink]
I think top schools do get you better jobs to start off with. Its the experience afterwards that shapes your career. If you already have good experience with good companies then Online MBA would not be as bad. But if you really want to change your route & destination alltogether then go for the best school you can get in.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
I think, for those in their mid to late 20s looking for a fast track to top management jobs in big time firms, a major league MBA from a top school is key.

For someone who is doing well in a non-management job and wants to distinguish themselves so that they can reach for management positions, an online MBA will help. Of course, even in this case, I believe the schools reputation makes a difference.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I think the best advice for you with 2 weeks left would be to do the GmatPrep CAT exams from the mba.com website. Do them over and over until you are very comfortable solving the problems that you have gotten wrong. If you have trouble figuring out the real answers utilize this forum, it helped me tremendously. I think you will be able to raise your score enough by to get into your desired school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for all your advice.
asharc - do you know how many times i can take the GMATPrep test? I believe on the first install i can take 2 test, do you think i should uninstall and reinstall the software every time i take new set of tests?
I know this may have been discussed here a lot, can someone post the link.

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
You can continue to retake as many times as you want. Obviously, you will get some repeats, but many new questions as well for practice. I personally don't think re-installing makes any difference, just restart the test.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts