Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: ISB'22 (I)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Unsure of taking retest or start applying for admissions!! [#permalink]
erraj wrote:

Thanks Hatakekakashi. On my profile, I have an experience of around 3 years in operations and management. I have done B.Tech from not so reputed institute with an aggregate of 79%. On the recommendations part, can't say whether the ones I have are the stellar ones but they are good ones. :-)

Okay, well 3 years 650 is tough i think but do look at options you have with that score

Regards,
HK
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Hatakekakashi. Will surely look for the options in this first before the reattempt. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
erraj wrote:
Hey Folks,

Sorry for asking this question again but since I am in a dilemma, so I have to ask this question again.

I have given GMAT and got 650 on the first attempt (V33,Q47). After giving the exam, I was expecting 49 in Quant but after seeing the score in Quant I was heartbroken. Although, the average score I was getting in Verbal was about the same in my mock tests. The quant was on higher side around 50 in mocks. I was expecting the overall score around 690-700. I have sent my score to the following universities:

* Harvard
* Penn State University
* Rotterdam University
* ISB
* INSEAD

Now the question I am facing is that whether I should reattempt for a better score or I should go on with the admission procedure. I am looking for some good universities having the same or more reputation than the ones listed above. I will appreciate any kind of help that I can have in this respect.
Your first attempt is not very likely to be your best, and if you were able to get Q50s on your GMATPrep tests, you should be able to get a Q50 on the actual GMAT.

I'd definitely give the GMAT another shot if I were you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Schools: Stern '20 (M)
Send PM
Take it again. Especially since you feel you can score more. Things are super competitive for Indians. And a higher GMAT score helps.
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
erraj wrote:
Hey Folks,

Sorry for asking this question again but since I am in a dilemma, so I have to ask this question again.

I have given GMAT and got 650 on the first attempt (V33,Q47). After giving the exam, I was expecting 49 in Quant but after seeing the score in Quant I was heartbroken. Although, the average score I was getting in Verbal was about the same in my mock tests. The quant was on higher side around 50 in mocks. I was expecting the overall score around 690-700. I have sent my score to the following universities:

* Harvard
* Penn State University
* Rotterdam University
* ISB
* INSEAD

Now the question I am facing is that whether I should reattempt for a better score or I should go on with the admission procedure. I am looking for some good universities having the same or more reputation than the ones listed above. I will appreciate any kind of help that I can have in this respect.

Hi there,

Looking at the universities you are planning to apply, I would NEVER prefer to go with this score.

Try to push your score to 700+ and if you are from a large demographic area, make sure anything below 750 is not going to help.

All the best :)
GMAT Club Bot