GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 21:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Unusually low quant score on latest practice exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Reviews Badge
Unusually low quant score on latest practice exam [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2017, 18:54
Hi all,

My retake attempt is coming up in a week. 2 months ago I took the first GMATPrep exam, and took 4 practice GMATPrep exams in total before my first GMAT attempt. My quant scores for those were as follows:

GMATPrep 1 (free) - Q47 - 16 wrong
GMATPrep 2 (free) - Q47 - 14 wrong
GMATPrep 5 (Exam pack 2) - Q48 - 11 wrong
GMATPrep 6 (Exam pack 3) - Q46 - 13 wrong & also didn't submit the last answer in time.

Today I did my first attempt at GMATPrep 3 (Exam pack 1) and I got a quant score of 40 with 11 wrong.

This was a bit of a shocker. I could also sort of tell the quant score was going to be poor as it didn't seem that the exam was giving me "harder" questions. I mean at question #25 I got some ridiculously easy DS question. This was not representative of my previous practice exam experiences at all as there weren't any questions that truly stumped me. The previous practice exams had at least 3 or 4 of those in my experience. However my verbal score on this exam was in line with my previous experiences.

As a note most of my previous exams were done under close to GMAT conditions, including this one.

Most of the questions I got wrong this time were due to careless mistakes (calculation errors, etc). Some I had to guess on to try and manage my time better, but they were solvable at a second glance.

Also I have the GMAT Club quant tests and my scores are kind of all over the place. I've been doing these for around 3 months, and my scores across 14 tests range from 29-50. So I'm not sure what to think about that.
Expert Post
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
D
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: 340 Q170 V170
Re: Unusually low quant score on latest practice exam [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2017, 11:50
Hi DealMonkey,

What is your exact Test Date (and do you have the flexibility to push it back a bit?)? I ask because while this latest score might just be the result of a 'bad day', it might be indicative of broader 'issues' in terms of how you've been taking your CATs and your overall readiness to face the Official GMAT. Based on what you described in a prior post - here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/poor-first-a ... l#p1815088

...You didn't really take your CATs in a way that properly 'matches up' with what you'll face on Test Day, so there was some question as to the accuracy of those scores. If this recent CAT is the only one that you've taken since then, then there's little evidence that you've 'fixed' whatever issues need fixing. It would also help if you could define some of your big-picture goals:

1) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
2) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Expert Post
Math Revolution GMAT Instructor
D
GMAT 1: 800 Q59 V59
GPA: 3.82
Re: Unusually low quant score on latest practice exam [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2017, 17:24
Hi DealMonkey,

Since you only have a week left, we would like to recommend making sure if you have solid basic math skills to tackle the first easy questions on GMAT. Plus, focus on KEY questions (​Integer, statistics, probability,inequality, absolute value​), which completes 80% of your study for GMAT.

In fact, GMAT Math is logic math test, rather than math skill test. That's why students majoring in engineering or math have hard time in improving math scores. You should learn 'logic' to solve GMAT math, which you can study with us.

If you plan to retake an exam again, we highly recommend taking our course.
If you would like to try our approaches, Please try Trial Pack (4 hour lesson) that reveal our secret approaches of DS+PS core theory that you have never seen. You can test whether you like them or not before you enroll.

From our course, you will learn our unique approaches and solving questions using the approaches: Variable approach of DS and IVY approach of PS. With our unique approaches, you can solve any questions that normally take 4 minutes in 1 minute and 30 seconds, and 2-minute question in 30 seconds. Moreover, you can solve 100% of DS questions with Variable approach and 30-40% of PS questions with IVY approach, which can boost your score.​

Also, we would like to introduce 700+ level questions if you aim at hitting Q49-51 and would like to practice more questions in the remaining time. http://www.mathrevolution.com/gmat/700level

Additionally, the below are useful articles featured in GMAT Club for your reference. This will be helpful for you.

Ultimate Q51 Gudie http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-ultimate- ... 09801.html
· Most Updated Math Trend : http://gmatclub.com/forum/overview-of-g ... 11809.html

Also, we would like to share the link below.
This is not testimonial but just comments of our students' real voice after they take an exam.
http://gmatclub.com/forum/math-revoluti ... 24118.html
You can also do the same if you study with us!

Come visit our website for further information!
www.mathrevolution.com

Happy Studying!

Jin
Math Revolution

MathRevolution: Finish GMAT Quant Section with 10 minutes to spare
The one-and-only World’s First Variable Approach for DS and IVY Approach for PS with ease, speed and accuracy.
"Only $99 for 3 month Online Course"
"Free Resources-30 day online access & Diagnostic Test"
"Unlimited Access to over 120 free video lessons - try it yourself"

Re: Unusually low quant score on latest practice exam   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2017, 17:24

Unusually low quant score on latest practice exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap