GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 25 Apr 2018, 03:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

urgent: having a panic attack - gmat in 4 days

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
urgent: having a panic attack - gmat in 4 days [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 16:47
apologies if there are spelling mistakes in this post, I haven't slept properly for the last 5 days and I am still sleep deprived.

I have just completed all the manhattan books (I had to force feed 3 books in 5 days - word problems, number properties and geometry)
I have only completed all the manhattan drills once - I would say 80% of incorrect answers - I understood the concept but it's a matter of recalling it in my head

what is the best course of action at this stage?

I have done no mock test ever!

I have the following material:

-manhattan 6th edition full set of guides + foundation
-Veritasprep 2017 - all books
-Kaplan premier with 6 practice tests
-kaplan verbal workbook
-kaplan math workbook
-kaplan gmat 800

-OG Paper Tests - Code 14, 25, 28, 31, 37, 42, 48, 52, 55
-OG 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Review
-OG Quant Review - 2017, 2018
-OG Verbal Review - 2nd edition, 10th, 2018

-Bunuel Signature collection all in one

to give you a bit of background, I am a native speaker, born and raised in the UK,

I have had an undesirable family matter that has caused me a great amount of distress and I am trying to push through, I couldn't have foreshadowed this situation thus I am behind on my actual practice/drills.

With only 5 days remaining, how best shall I proceed?

My initial thoughts were to revise all the manhattan drills at end of each chapter - fdp, algebra, number properties, word problems and geometry
verbal - I was going to just use OG paper test codes as per above as I can print these all off and focus on verbal

I have never touched the kaplan material (it seemed like it's questions were very ambiguous at times) nor touched the veritas books (I know, it's not great right!)

so considering what I have, what do you guys think would be the best course of action to maximize 4 days to drill, drill and more drills. I have around 15 hours per day = 75 hours in total before actual exam.

I would really appreciate as much advice as possible. thank you.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesEMPOWERgmat Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Study Buddy Forum Moderator
P
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: urgent: having a panic attack - gmat in 4 days [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 17:09
This post received
KUDOS
mrcentauri

My dear friend, there are many of us who can relate the anxiety and panic attacks
of an exam. That said, I would strongly urge you to postpone your Gmat date if possible.
There are couple of reasons for the same:
1. I believe you have not tasted real waters by giving actual exam. You can get two free mocks
from http://www.mba.com and then post your score here for further suggestions.
2. I believe across the forums, veritas material is better recognized than kaplan. If you can
not understand Kaplan material, just keep those aside. Your target is to achieve best score, from where
you get is immaterial. I would also rate manhattan books over veritas since they are more comprehensive.
3. Bunuel signature collection is awesome but again it is tricky and on tougher side. Attempt them after you are
completely done with theory in quant material.

For the material at your disposal, follow these in chronological order (after giving first free mock):

Second free gmat prep mock.

Lastly I would very strongly encourage you to meet local physician (pref. a family doc) since your sleep levels are way too less
and to be practical such type of restlessness may counter your prep and even your actual exam.

It's the journey that brings us happiness not the destination.

VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169
Re: urgent: having a panic attack - gmat in 4 days [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 21:58
mrcentauri wrote:
apologies if there are spelling mistakes in this post, I haven't slept properly for the last 5 days and I am still sleep deprived.

I have just completed all the manhattan books (I had to force feed 3 books in 5 days - word problems, number properties and geometry)
I have only completed all the manhattan drills once - I would say 80% of incorrect answers - I understood the concept but it's a matter of recalling it in my head

what is the best course of action at this stage?

I have done no mock test ever!

I have the following material:

-Veritasprep 2017 - all books
-Kaplan premier with 6 practice tests
-kaplan verbal workbook
-kaplan math workbook
-kaplan gmat 800

to give you a bit of background, I am a native speaker, born and raised in the UK,

I have had an undesirable family matter that has caused me a great amount of distress and I am trying to push through, I couldn't have foreshadowed this situation thus I am behind on my actual practice/drills.

With only 5 days remaining, how best shall I proceed?

My initial thoughts were to revise all the manhattan drills at end of each chapter - fdp, algebra, number properties, word problems and geometry
verbal - I was going to just use OG paper test codes as per above as I can print these all off and focus on verbal

I have never touched the kaplan material (it seemed like it's questions were very ambiguous at times) nor touched the veritas books (I know, it's not great right!)

so considering what I have, what do you guys think would be the best course of action to maximize 4 days to drill, drill and more drills. I have around 15 hours per day = 75 hours in total before actual exam.

I would really appreciate as much advice as possible. thank you.
Don't look to put in 15 hours every day till your exam.

As adkikani suggests, you should get some rest and take a GMATPrep test. A test just a few days before the exam doesn't normally help much, but in your case you don't seem to be very familiar with the test (format, timing...), and just getting some exposure to that could improve your performance on test day. I wouldn't advise you to take the GMAT if you are not in good health, but otherwise, just take it without putting any additional pressure on yourself to get a particular score.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Re: urgent: having a panic attack - gmat in 4 days   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2017, 21:58

urgent: having a panic attack - gmat in 4 days

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap