Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:08 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for those helpful tips.

My total score breakdowns are as follows (very depressing):
V 20 / Q 38 / T 490 (lastest score)
V 20 / Q 36/ T 480

As for my personal experience when taking each test, I felt confident I was well-prepared for the exam. I would start off strong, answering the first 5 - 10 questions with no problem. Then I would run across a problem (quant - word problem) that would set me behind. After a couple more problems, another stumper problem (lost more time). Finally, towards the end the quant section, I found myself racing to finish problems and almost guessing on some because time was running out. I felt helpless.

The verbal section does not give me those same time of timing issues. I am able to finish the verbal section with time remaining. SC is probably the type of verbal question that I doubt some of my answers. Maybe it is because English was not my first languange, but sounds like a lame excuse.

I will continue studying each problem from the OG and hopefully reach my goal of scoring high on the GMAT.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks for those helpful tips.

My total score breakdowns are as follows (very depressing):
V 20 / Q 38 / T 490 (lastest score)
V 20 / Q 36/ T 480

As for my personal experience when taking each test, I felt confident I was well-prepared for the exam. I would start off strong, answering the first 5 - 10 questions with no problem. Then I would run across a problem (quant - word problem) that would set me behind. After a couple more problems, another stumper problem (lost more time). Finally, towards the end the quant section, I found myself racing to finish problems and almost guessing on some because time was running out. I felt helpless.

The verbal section does not give me those same time of timing issues. I am able to finish the verbal section with time remaining. SC is probably the type of verbal question that I doubt some of my answers. Maybe it is because English was not my first languange, but sounds like a lame excuse.

I will continue studying each problem from the OG and hopefully reach my goal of scoring high on the GMAT.

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am concerned by your timing on the verbal section. You seem to be completing questions too quickly since your subscore is about one SD below the mean and you have time left over at the end. Try slowing down on the verbal section and even go to a strict time quota per question if necessary.

Hjort
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi

how R u ? :) frst keep a nice smile and then ....

now for the advice part ...

let me try to figure out what went wrong ...
one : U might have over judged ur performance while taking the test...like ''I know for sure this is right but somehow the score is not upto my level'' this was the problem with one of my friends...

two: I guess like most of us here ur basics are not complete...lets say that U and me both need to ''brush -up' and make 'sound' our fundas...
somethings like (a+b) ^2 and judging the statement by ITSELF in the d.s are important U know what I mean...

three: if I m wrong about the above two of the comments please excuse me ...

quanT : VERY IMPORATNT THING TO NOTE HERE IS PRACTISING SMART AS PRAET SAID ''study and analyse'' rather than just read and solve. make a note of ur very frquent mistakes ...do U make the errors in arithmetic or geometry ...probablity or permuss... etc

U must go through the OG and also try asking urself how U can find easier ways of solving the problem and constantly remind urself that U need to answer WHAT the qeustion asks not what U feel is the answer... most people including me tend to do this.. a very common trap is the D.S problem ...

plan and do a set of problems...believe me it is not easy to cross a particular score level in any test but it is never difficult to achieve the score u aim to get...

lastly , try taking section-wise tests of both math and the VERBAL

VERBAL: very crucial but very unpredictable.... do check on ur weak areas...few guys( gals too) have atleast one of the three areas easy and make it their strengthing part...may be U have the CR as ur strong side or the SC's or even the RC...u CERTAINLY Must try to achieve maximum in that I don't mean to suggest that U ignore the others... hey I like science more than maths so what AM i GONA DO TO MAXIMISE MY % SCORE VERY GOOD AT MY FAV AND GIVE MY BEST AT THE NON-FAVS...

SC: try to be very smart...look at the sc as a chain linked by various nuts and bolts ( a bicylce -chain)'search' for that 'nut' that seems to make the sentence go 'nuts' :lol: and identify it and then look for one choice that seemz to correct that ...

subject-verb always the fastest way to identify the wrong part...pronoun agreement , idiomatic expression . comparision , tense forms , redundancy... parallel str'' check if the sentence satisfies all these and is still in a perfect ''move''....this must be hard to try all at once but U can do it slow ...one thing that U have not told us is how much TIME u STILL GOT... :?:

as with RC: I still am not perfect but my advice .since U need it urgent.

try getting the GIST of each para in ur words and in about two 2 three lines ...always read thorugh the first line 'cos it leads into ''what'
THE AUTHOR MIGHT SAY IN THIS PASSAGE..

read the conclusion perfect it can help U ans questions like ''what does the author think about the isssue'' or what does the author feel about the continuation of the fact or what can be the next part in the analysis ....

try beating the global questions and the area specified types as U can find thm right amidst the paras... as for the infernce questions remember one thing almost anything that is said in the para won't be the answer WHY 'cos it is supposed to be infered and not refered from the para...

CR: structure ur thinking process, this U can do only by reading what the OG has said in its explanation of the questoions...eELIMINATE THE WRONG ans choices and how will U know the wrong ans choices??? good Q

those choices that do not pertain to the argument or that seem to be out of scope of the argument for real are not going to be the choices that U would wana click on''

strengthen questions ans choice is always relavent to the argument and related to the assumption of the para and support the conclusion

weaken type always refute the assumption and undermine the CONCLUSION...

there are the other typ of q's let me know if U need any help or anybody here wud only be ready to do so.

I hope I have made some good usage of my time and urs when U read through this post and I believe it will help to a level .

hope this helps !

rest U keep cool and calm thats what matters more than anyting when U finally face the screen...

Have fun :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts