GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 13:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

US Citizen with International Background

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User
US Citizen with International Background  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 11:24
Background I'll preface my background with that I had a devastating car accident when I was 17, having to go through 2 skull surgeries and being in a coma for 2 weeks. That all happened in Israel, where I lived for most of my life before coming to the US by myself at the age of 18.

Work experience: 2 year at an mid range ERP consulting firm. Currently 1 year in PMO and Internal Strategy at a big 5 chemical company (think FMC, DuPont, Cheminova).

Extra curriculars: That I would say is my strongest suit...
- 2 years as a Board Member of a local children's national-touring theater company serving primarily underprivileged kids.
- 2 years mentoring middle school and high school kids on leadership and entrepreneurship skills through project building group sessions. Led a hackathon of ~100 people.
- Since graduation I've been involved in my undergrad alma mater mentoring undergraduate students.

Undergrad school/major: Finance major and MIS minor from Drexel/Temple

Other education/coursework:
- Certified in Production Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)

Race/nationality: I was born in NYC to a family of Russian descent but moved when I was roughly 1 years old to Israel, where I spent most of my life until I came at the age of 18 to the US. I speak, read, and write in Russian and Hebrew fluently.

Sex: Male

Stats

GRE Score (include breakdown!): certainly my weakest side of the application 318 (161Q / 157V) I'm intending to take it again in 3 weeks, but not sure how much I can improve.

Undergrad GPA: 3.6; 3.84 major (i.e. Finance) GPA

MBA Info

Goal of MBA: MBB or Corporate Strategy

Target schools:
- HSW (Reach)
- Tuck, Yale, Columbia, Booth, Duke (Targets)

Thank you in advance!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
G
Re: US Citizen with International Background  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2020, 13:22
Hi, and thanks for writing - wow, you have overcome a lot! I really admire your resolve.

To evaluate your profile for the schools you've listed, I'd need to know more about the quality of your work experience - did you receive promotions, increases in responsibility, or increases in compensation (to the extent possible in the time you've been working)? Also, how would you rate the impact of the work that you did at these firms, and are you confident in getting very strong recommendations that attest to your performance, potential, and growth vs. peers? These are the markers of progression and achievement that Adcoms look for. Your community involvement is excellent, and your GPA in a quant major is strong. It's wise that you're taking the GRE again - target the mid 160s for the top U.S. schools.

HSW indeed are a reach, but other programs to add to your target schools include Kellogg, Ross, Darden, and Johnson.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

yvankd wrote:
Background I'll preface my background with that I had a devastating car accident when I was 17, having to go through 2 skull surgeries and being in a coma for 2 weeks. That all happened in Israel, where I lived for most of my life before coming to the US by myself at the age of 18.

Work experience: 2 year at an mid range ERP consulting firm. Currently 1 year in PMO and Internal Strategy at a big 5 chemical company (think FMC, DuPont, Cheminova).

Extra curriculars: That I would say is my strongest suit...
- 2 years as a Board Member of a local children's national-touring theater company serving primarily underprivileged kids.
- 2 years mentoring middle school and high school kids on leadership and entrepreneurship skills through project building group sessions. Led a hackathon of ~100 people.
- Since graduation I've been involved in my undergrad alma mater mentoring undergraduate students.

Undergrad school/major: Finance major and MIS minor from Drexel/Temple

Other education/coursework:
- Certified in Production Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)

Race/nationality: I was born in NYC to a family of Russian descent but moved when I was roughly 1 years old to Israel, where I spent most of my life until I came at the age of 18 to the US. I speak, read, and write in Russian and Hebrew fluently.

Sex: Male

Stats

GRE Score (include breakdown!): certainly my weakest side of the application 318 (161Q / 157V) I'm intending to take it again in 3 weeks, but not sure how much I can improve.

Undergrad GPA: 3.6; 3.84 major (i.e. Finance) GPA

MBA Info

Goal of MBA: MBB or Corporate Strategy

Target schools:
- HSW (Reach)
- Tuck, Yale, Columbia, Booth, Duke (Targets)

Thank you in advance!

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

US Citizen with International Background

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbaMissionKate