Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 14:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

V40 to V41/42 in 2 weeks - seeking suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
V40 to V41/42 in 2 weeks - seeking suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2018, 14:04
I wanted to get some guidance on the which area to focus on for V40 to V41/42: CR, RC, or SC?

Summary of my journey:
- GMAT score history: V34 (Aug) to V40 (Nov)
- ESR raw score breakdown V34: CR 30 / RC 31 / SC 37
- ESR raw score breakdown V40: CR 34 / RC 40 / SC 47
- Devoted serious time to improving CR between test #1 and test #2, however my score has only improved from an equivalent 30 to 34, while reading + sentence correction have both improved by around 10 pts

My question: What's the best area to focus to try to notch my overall score up by 1/2 pts? I have 2 weeks, and given how much time I've already devoted to CR with not as much improvement, I'm thinking it's time to just pick low hanging fruit...which for me is RC.

I am aiming for around 720 overall. Consistently gotten Q47-49 / V40 on mock exams, but nerves got the best of me on test day and I ended up with a Q45/V40. My strategy is to (1) devise plan to combat nerves on quant and (2) try to improve my verbal 1/2 pts to give myself a buffer in case it doesn't go as planned.

Thanks everyone! Appreciate any insight.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests
Re: V40 to V41/42 in 2 weeks - seeking suggestions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 05:41
You have to try some meditation a few weeks before the exam and take a total control over your nerves. exam time anxiety has been a challenge for almost 70% of the test takers. You should indulge into activities such as aerobic exercises, yoga ,brisk walking, functional training before the exam so as to control the anxiety. also, you can try these app known 'calm'(worked best for me) and 'headspace' it's availiable on google playstore as well as on the Apple store. I hope this helps you in your next attempt. All the best :)

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: V40 to V41/42 in 2 weeks - seeking suggestions   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2019, 05:41

V40 to V41/42 in 2 weeks - seeking suggestions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics