Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
banerjeea

I really liked your volunteering to help as a moderator. you are an important part of the club. no doubt about that. I just thought you may want to understand how the community service part really works.

With all due respect, I request you to be careful about over emphazing some things that others may not consider as community service. It might end up hurting you. I think Hjort may agree with me here.

GMAT Club is NOT registered as a non-profit organization. Also, you are a moderator (not admin) at GMAT Club. By claiming community service and admin status at GMAT Club, you may put yourself in a spot if schools like wharton want to investigate.

If you have ideas for the club, you are most welcome to share them. At gmat club, so many people have contributed to the growth and yet, they choose to remain anonymous and do not want recognition. please contribute and help us to help others.. then you can truly claim what you mentioned here. you will then be able to safely mention community service at gmat club on your resume. It wont count for much, but it still would be somewhat valuable.

i hope you take this as positive feedback and work harder in your community to help others. this world can always use some quality teachers. go to your local school district and offer to teach for free. that would be something.

Praetorian
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Praet,

Thx for looking at my post. I am afraid that my comment was not articulated properly and caused some misunderstanding on your part. As u can see that the smily face next to that sentence meant for taking that litely. Needless to say that I have no intention to put my GMATClub exp anywhere in the app. The comment was meant more as a lite humor than anything else. In addition I didn't pay any attention to admin vs moderator, as I was unaware of any distinction between the two in the Club. Hope it clarifies your doubt and sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I will edit the post. :-D

Thanks
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
banerjee join ASHA...its a non profit organization focused on providing free education to underpriviliaged children in india...I can introduce you to ASHA's US leadership team...

(a) they need people like you..smart and motivated.
(b) you need them just as much...
(c) its really a wonderful cause..bringing the gift of education to every child....I belive education is a fundemental human right, just like access to water, bread and oxygen....after all you and I both benefited from education...we should pass the torch...

let me know if you are interested, i'll hook you with a friend who is very active in ASHA...

banerjeea_98 wrote:
Praet,

Thx for looking at my post. I am afraid that my comment was not articulated properly and caused some misunderstanding on your part. As u can see that the smily face next to that sentence meant for taking that litely. Needless to say that I have no intention to put my GMATClub exp anywhere in the app. The comment was meant more as a lite humor than anything else. In addition I didn't pay any attention to admin vs moderator, as I was unaware of any distinction between the two in the Club. Hope it clarifies your doubt and sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I will edit the post. :-D

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]