GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 May 2019, 20:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 16:54
Hi

My GMAT is in two days and I have been doing Veritas prep CATs the past two weeks but only the Quant and Verbal section. Since I only have the two free official GMATprep Exams, I left them for the end.
I have been doing better on Veritas than on the GMAT prep and I do not seem to know why. Any help and advice would be amazing!

Here are the scores:

Veritas 1: 630 (43Q/ 34V)
Veritas 2: 660 (45Q/36V)
Veritas 3: 650 (44Q/36V)
Veritas 4: 650 (45Q/35V)
GMATprep: 640 (44Q/33V)
Vertas 5: 670 (45Q/37V)
Kaplan Free Cat: 670 (45Q/37V)
GmatPrep: 620 (44Q/31V) - Today, Two days before my actual Exam.

I have the official GMAT questions back and I will practice those today. I am hoping that I am not doing well because I am not used to taking the Official GMAT exams.

Thanks!
CEO
CEO
User avatar
V
Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Posts: 2625
Location: India
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 18:06
1
Ibhjot wrote:
Hi

My GMAT is in two days and I have been doing Veritas prep CATs the past two weeks but only the Quant and Verbal section. Since I only have the two free official GMATprep Exams, I left them for the end.
I have been doing better on Veritas than on the GMAT prep and I do not seem to know why. Any help and advice would be amazing!

Here are the scores:

Veritas 1: 630 (43Q/ 34V)
Veritas 2: 660 (45Q/36V)
Veritas 3: 650 (44Q/36V)
Veritas 4: 650 (45Q/35V)
GMATprep: 640 (44Q/33V)
Vertas 5: 670 (45Q/37V)
Kaplan Free Cat: 670 (45Q/37V)
GmatPrep: 620 (44Q/31V) - Today, Two days before my actual Exam.

I have the official GMAT questions back and I will practice those today. I am hoping that I am not doing well because I am not used to taking the Official GMAT exams.

Thanks!
Those scores are not as far apart as you might think. Don't worry about them, and focus on getting a little light practice in before your exam (which is what you seem to be doing). Try to get a good night's sleep before the exam, and ensure that you implement your timing strategy (so that you don't end up in a situation where you have to guess or leave a lot of questions at the end).

All the best!
_________________
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
User avatar
V
Status: GMAT Assassin/Co-Founder
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Joined: 19 Dec 2014
Posts: 14188
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 20:02
1
Hi Ibhjot,

To start, since your GMAT is in 2 DAYS, you should STOP taking practice CATs/mocks.

The process of taking (and reviewing) a CAT requires a significant amount of energy and effort - and takes time to 'recover' from. This is one of the reasons why you typically shouldn't take more than 1 CAT per week - and your last CAT should be taken about 1 week before Test Day. By taking a CAT today, there's a chance that you might be too tired to perform at your best on Test Day (and if you try to take another CAT tomorrow, then that chance of 'burnout' will increase). You would be better served by focusing on a bit of light review and getting some extra rest, so that you can go into Test Day calm, clear-headed and ready to work.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
_________________
760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 25 Feb 2019
Posts: 280
Re: Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 20:20
1
Do not worry too much about those .

None of the exam is at par with actaul exam .



Exam at GMAC website is best to evaluate progress .

And take these exams just for time bound manner .

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 20:33
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi Ibhjot,

To start, since your GMAT is in 2 DAYS, you should STOP taking practice CATs/mocks.

The process of taking (and reviewing) a CAT requires a significant amount of energy and effort - and takes time to 'recover' from. This is one of the reasons why you typically shouldn't take more than 1 CAT per week - and your last CAT should be taken about 1 week before Test Day. By taking a CAT today, there's a chance that you might be too tired to perform at your best on Test Day (and if you try to take another CAT tomorrow, then that chance of 'burnout' will increase). You would be better served by focusing on a bit of light review and getting some extra rest, so that you can go into Test Day calm, clear-headed and ready to work.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich


Hi Rich,

Yes, tomorrow will be my rest day, I will try to clear my mind and review some notes!

Thanks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Re: Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 20:36
AjiteshArun wrote:
Ibhjot wrote:

Those scores are not as far apart as you might think. Don't worry about them, and focus on getting a little light practice in before your exam (which is what you seem to be doing). Try to get a good night's sleep before the exam, and ensure that you implement your timing strategy (so that you don't end up in a situation where you have to guess or leave a lot of questions at the end).

All the best!


Thank you for your reply! I will definitely be more focused on my timing on exam day!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2019, 20:37
m1033512 wrote:
Do not worry too much about those .

None of the exam is at par with actaul exam .



Exam at GMAC website is best to evaluate progress .

And take these exams just for time bound manner .

Posted from my mobile device


Yea, I Hope I bounce back and perform well!
GMAT Club Bot
Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2019, 20:37
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Vertias Prep and Gmat Prep scoring discrepancy!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.