GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 16:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Visiting Campuses - How Important?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director
WE 1: Investment Banking - 6yrs
Re: Visiting Campuses - How Important?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 04:26
riverripper wrote:
pm4553 wrote:
Would 1Y classes be significantly be different from 2Y? If not, then I can probably include Kellogg. Also, would it be advisable to initiate the interview during the 2nd week of August?

..or

push my visit to 1st week of September, dont know if it will make any difference.

1Y classes would be the exact same, they just are during the summer. However, your options for classes will very limited during the summer. One thing to remember is dont plan on a Wed visit since there are no class. 1st week of September wont work, thats during CIM and there are no campus visits during CIM. You would have to submit part 1 of their application before interviewing, you would have to ask if they would allow you to interview that early. Its might be possible but it also is extremely early. Probably wont help you at all to do it on campus that early, and doing an alumni interview is just as good.

Thanks river! I'll try to find out about the interview, I know its very early.

Any idea about HBS / MIT?
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2009, 22:22
pm4553 wrote:

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I guess I have good experience with both schools. I live in California, and never visited either school until after I was accepted. I even interviewed here in Cali. The bottom line is that a visit is not a deal-maker or deal-breaker for HBS or MIT, and August is not the ideal time to visit the schools. That said, if this is your only shot at visiting Boston, you might get some valuable information for yourself by visiting the city. Is this somewhere you would like to live for 2 years? Now pretend it snowing... :-)

Good luck!
Director
Director
WE 1: Investment Banking - 6yrs

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2009, 04:27
BigBad wrote:
pm4553 wrote:

I'm not an expert on this topic, but I guess I have good experience with both schools. I live in California, and never visited either school until after I was accepted. I even interviewed here in Cali. The bottom line is that a visit is not a deal-maker or deal-breaker for HBS or MIT, and August is not the ideal time to visit the schools. That said, if this is your only shot at visiting Boston, you might get some valuable information for yourself by visiting the city. Is this somewhere you would like to live for 2 years? Now pretend it snowing... :-)

Good luck!

I knew August isn't the right time, however, I dont have much choice but to be in the US during this time, may be post-pone my visit by a week or two (max)..no deal breaker, though.

I got reponses from both HBS and MIT - stating the same..classes only start by Sep. So, I'll try to squeeze the visits in the 1st week on Sep.

Hate snow..but I'll manage, **if** I get into HBS :-)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2009, 00:57
BigBad, congrats on getting into HBS/MIT! I was wondering where you went on the Haas thread. :)

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, MIT Sloan, Stanford, Haas (withdrew with interview invite)

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2009, 17:13
kryzak wrote:
BigBad, congrats on getting into HBS/MIT! I was wondering where you went on the Haas thread. :)

Thanks Kry! I had a great time at HBS admit weekend, so I withdrew my Haas application before Super Saturday. Hopefully another G-clubber took my spot!
Re: Visiting Campuses - How Important? &nbs [#permalink] 01 Apr 2009, 17:13

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 65 posts ] 

Visiting Campuses - How Important?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap