Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:13 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.65
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Waitlist Strategy: It's Admission Purgatory but not Admission Hell [#permalink]
Kellogg (R1); Haas (R1); Stern (R1)/Law (5 Years)

Hey dtse86! I recognize you from the Kellogg waitlist topic. Looks like we are all in the R1 WL boat for Kellogg.

Any ideas on how you plan to proceed? I am still trying to figure out the timing of everything here.

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Waitlist Strategy: It's Admission Purgatory but not Admission Hell [#permalink]
From what I can gather, there's no WL managers, however you are allowed to upload updates.

For me I'm in the middle of drafting a small update about a few small professional accomplishments since sending in my application in October and restating my passion for the school. I'll probably upload it to my application next week.

And if there's anything else to write 3-4 weeks later I'll upload another update.

From there I guess we just wait and pray :pray

From what I can gather from the previous year's thread admits will come in waves after or around key dates like R2/R3 decisions and deposit deadlines. Some people waited until mid-July for spots to open up! Wow, good for them.

I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out. But I think for me personally, once it comes time to find a place to live and I sign a lease, I'll probably withdraw and remove myself from the WL.

Although they say there is no rankings, there has to be some applicants that they'd rather admit before others on the WL. The WL will also likely grow after R2 and R3.

bayareaapplicant you have some impressive stats and a very unique background. I think you'll be one of the lucky ones with an admit around R2! :gl :!:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Waitlist Strategy: It's Admission Purgatory but not Admission Hell [#permalink]
dtse86 wrote:
From what I can gather, there's no WL managers, however you are allowed to upload updates.

For me I'm in the middle of drafting a small update about a few small professional accomplishments since sending in my application in October and restating my passion for the school. I'll probably upload it to my application next week.

And if there's anything else to write 3-4 weeks later I'll upload another update.

From there I guess we just wait and pray :pray

From what I can gather from the previous year's thread admits will come in waves after or around key dates like R2/R3 decisions and deposit deadlines. Some people waited until mid-July for spots to open up! Wow, good for them.

I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out. But I think for me personally, once it comes time to find a place to live and I sign a lease, I'll probably withdraw and remove myself from the WL.

Although they say there is no rankings, there has to be some applicants that they'd rather admit before others on the WL. The WL will also likely grow after R2 and R3.

bayareaapplicant you have some impressive stats and a very unique background. I think you'll be one of the lucky ones with an admit around R2! :gl :!:

Thanks! But i really think stats at this point is minimal. It is all about what they need to round out the class OR what we can do to fill in the "gap" in our application. Truth is we are qualified candidates otherwise Kellogg wouldn't even bother with a waitlist. However, since I have been waitlisted at a few schools I am beginning to think that there might be something that is lacking in my application. Although I am not sure what...This is especially hard when Kellogg is not going to give me any sort of assessment with a WL manager. But I think my best approach to speak to Haas or Stern and see if I can get any insight.

By the way I assume Kellogg is your top choice? With the schools that admitted you which would you go with?
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Re: Waitlist Strategy: It's Admission Purgatory but not Admission Hell [#permalink]
Yes, Kellogg is my top choice at this point. I would attend if I was admitted.

Between the ones that I did get acceptances to, I am planning to choose Johnson over Tepper.

What about you? Did you apply to any schools R2? Of the schools that have waitlisted you, which is your top choice?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dtse86 wrote:
Yes, Kellogg is my top choice at this point. I would attend if I was admitted.

Between the ones that I did get acceptances to, I am planning to choose Johnson over Tepper.

What about you? Did you apply to any schools R2? Of the schools that have waitlisted you, which is your top choice?

Nothing for R2 I tried covering my bases when I applied for round 1 to all these schools. I think with the WL selections I have left I would say Kellogg is my top choice. I am very happy with the school when I went for the interview. So far 3 WLs so we shall see how this turns out.

Was just reading on some of the quick info about Kellogg they say:

The Admissions Committee will be rendering decisions on a rolling basis between January and August. Applicants who are placed on the waitlist will be considered for admission in the subsequent round(s). Shortly after each decision deadline, a waitlist candidate can expect to hear from the committee with either a final admit/deny decision or an invitation to remain on our waitlist into the following round(s). -https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/waitlist.aspx

So I guess the big dates are going to be:

R2 Decision Date: March 25, 2015
R3 Decision Date: May 13, 2015
GMAT Club Bot