Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 11:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 498 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 251 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 536 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey SimaQ

I thought you would score higher, but it seems you had some troubles during the test. So the score probably dosn't reflect your abilities.
About retaking it, as Fig said, it depends what you want to do or what you are aiming at. And you are still 17% higher than the average.
Concerning your score, it would be interesting that you post your practice test scores, may be it will reveal some weaknesses in Math?

When I took my exam last July, I scored 590 too. Since I was targeting specific schools, I decided to retake it. After you adventures, I hope I will not loose confidence for my exam!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
karlfurt wrote:
Hey SimaQ

I thought you would score higher, but it seems you had some troubles during the test. So the score probably dosn't reflect your abilities.
About retaking it, as Fig said, it depends what you want to do or what you are aiming at. And you are still 17% higher than the average.
Concerning your score, it would be interesting that you post your practice test scores, may be it will reveal some weaknesses in Math?

When I took my exam last July, I scored 590 too. Since I was targeting specific schools, I decided to retake it. After you adventures, I hope I will not loose confidence for my exam!

No no do not be discouraged... After all you have already taken Gmat before so you must now know what to expect...

Only once in my practice tests i received the Q=37

All other tests showed above Q44 scores.. and the last test i did on Saturday showed Q49....

I do not know what happened with Q, i did ont feel nervous or tired...

There was really nothing special, all the problems where doable, maybe i fell for all the possible tricks... maybe i do not know....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 214 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey simaq, i was also expecting a great score from you! You're one of th best people here! It must've been a bad day... Hang in there. Try to stay positive. And like what Fig said, it really depends on what you wanted to do with the GMAT in the first place... And there's nothing wrong with retaking the exam. An additional month will do wonders for your score, now that you experienced the test for real. Sometimes it's the shock during the test that this is THE DAY!!! You know what i mean? Could've been that.

Stay positive... Everything will work out for the best...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 930 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hi, SimaQ,

your real potential is definitely higher than what the score of 590 reflects. So, I believe if you re-take it again, you are going to improve on it.

I guess my feeling during the verbal is the same as yours in the quant section.

In the verbal, i agree with you that the CR questions are more confusing than those that I've done, and the vocabulary used in the CRs is more technical. That got me definitely.
SC is GMAT-like, but I was bombarded by those long underlined questions, so i was not very confident about them especially under the tight time i have. RC is very conventional.

But overall in verbal, i am also not sure where I did wrong to get 34, as towards to the test i was scoring over 40 in the past 2 weeks. Or probably overall I didn't do well at all and got wrong questions here and there. So i felt i was meeting those tough questions, but no increase in its adaptive score.

Cheer up, no matter what your next step is, re-take or start applying. and let us know. Gmat score is not very important if you have a very strong working experience. :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you guys...

Just decided that i will not leave GMAT alone and give it another try.

After all, all i need is additional 70 points to make me happy..... This cannot be that hard...

Already ordered several new Mgmat books... So i guess see you in the forums... :)

And tennis, did you receive many coordinate geometry questions? Besides that i received several probability questions, one question of gross profit, which was pretty tricky. Besides received only one rate/work question in DS, which was pretty straight forward and that's it! was expecting more rate problems....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did you guys get alot of modulars/ absolute value? I seem to always make mistakes on those...

Lots of probability??? Sh*t!!! :x

:) Glad we'll still be seeing you in forums Simaq!!! Taking my test on Monday... and the tension's building...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hermione wrote:
Did you guys get alot of modulars/ absolute value? I seem to always make mistakes on those...

Lots of probability??? Sh*t!!! :x

:) Glad we'll still be seeing you in forums Simaq!!! Taking my test on Monday... and the tension's building...

I recieved only one question on absolute values... DS question....

Taking your test on Monday? Good luck... if you haven't practiced much on coordinate geometry definetely do so now.... i really did not study much on the coordinates, so seeing too many of them in the real test really did not help :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Looks like all you need to do is a few intensive weeks of math practice and you will easily break the mid 600s. Don't give up now, many schools have R2 and R3 admissions deadlines from mid January to May. You still have at least one more shot.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks simaq... i think i'm OK with coordinate geometry but will brush up on this as well. my main weaknesses now are absolute value and probability.

thanks Thanks! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
Hey Simaq

Dont loose hope your verbal score is good and the way you participate in forums indicates that your qaunt cant be so bad either.. give it a second shot within a month you shall do better.

Yogesh
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
SimaQ wrote:
Thank you guys...

Just decided that i will not leave GMAT alone and give it another try.

After all, all i need is additional 70 points to make me happy..... This cannot be that hard...

Already ordered several new Mgmat books... So i guess see you in the forums... :)

And tennis, did you receive many coordinate geometry questions? Besides that i received several probability questions, one question of gross profit, which was pretty tricky. Besides received only one rate/work question in DS, which was pretty straight forward and that's it! was expecting more rate problems....

I also got 2 or 3 coordinate geometry questions.
I don't remember any probability, or there is only an easy one. Actually I didn't meet those hard questions I dig out of GMATPrep.

Regarding the Verbal, today I recalled there is one testing the phrase "lead to sb's conlusion". I was so nervous and forgot the damn phrase and chose the "lead sb to do sth". Now I am a bit regret I didn't calm down just to get a slightly better V score, then I would be happy.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
SimaQ...Good that you are not giving up....

Try again and success will be yours.

All the best and hope to see you around.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Simaq got the best spirit I have ever seen.

Practice more on quant and you will do fine .
All the best!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Simaq, if your participation in this forum is anything to go by, you are definately capable of getting 700+. Worst case scenario just resit it without any extra prep (I guess this depends on whether $250 is alot of $$ to you), I bombed my 1st attempt and got 640, second attempt a month later, 750 - with almost no prep in between.

Commit yourself to taking this test as many times as necessary to conquer it, I did and it allowed me to remove most of the stress from the situation.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
londonluddite wrote:
Simaq, if your participation in this forum is anything to go by, you are definately capable of getting 700+. Worst case scenario just resit it without any extra prep (I guess this depends on whether $250 is alot of $$ to you), I bombed my 1st attempt and got 640, second attempt a month later, 750 - with almost no prep in between.

Commit yourself to taking this test as many times as necessary to conquer it, I did and it allowed me to remove most of the stress from the situation.

Hey thanks for your words.
I will retake the test in late January early February.
Will brush up on Q and V with some new books and will take it again.

By the way, my AWA is 5.0.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
[#permalink]
SimaQ

What do you mean by coordinate geometry ?
I'm not quite sure ..

Also, there is no way you're scoring less than 650 next time you take the test. You're one of the strongest participant in the forum and I guess you know GMAT inside out.

Best wishes and good luck.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
It means x-y axis questions.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   
Moderator: