It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 05:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Was very unfortunate!!!!!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 0

Was very unfortunate!!!!!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2008, 08:56
My CAT was scheduled for today at 17:30. Reached an hour before with butterflies in my tummy; reported at the center and met the Center Coordinator. And then came the blow - was not allowed to appear - reason! I dint carry my original passport with me- unfortunately, it was only last week that I had to submit my passport at Spain embassy - as required by my employer. Before submission I took care to get few photocopies of it with GMAT around the corner, I somehow dint realize that it was going to be this difficult. But then had no option left both the times.

Seems like I could have avoided this situation, only if I was smart enough to get GMAC aware of my problem well in advance, did send an email on 12th but got a auto generated email that provided the mba.com link leading to the policy page but unfortunately I just ignored that. But then now it is too late. Although, I have raised this question with GMAC at its customer service email ID - why are photocopies not accepted as this as a policy is no where mentioned in mba.com.

In addition to the photocopy of my passport - to support my case, I carried with me the embassy acknowledgement, my valid original driving license and PAN card. But nothing else is accepted expected for the passport.

So guys from India, Bdesh and other ASEAC citizens be aware of this policy!!!!!!!! :|

I am awaiting GMAC's reply - hope things work in my favor!!! :oops:

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Was very unfortunate!!!!!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2008, 09:07
Things will be fine Cartic..Whatever happens happens for the best. Dont bother about things that are not in your control.

I am sure that you would have been worried ever since you gave your passport to the Spanish embassy, knowing that you wont have itfor the test . So this may be good for you in a way, as in all probability you will be not be having any pre test worries next time. Who knows you may just get a 750+ score, the next time you write the test.

In all probability the GMAC will give you an alternative test date if they empathize with your situation. In the worse situation you will need to pay 250 $ again.

Anyways an important lesson incase a situation like this comes for any of us here , is to call up the GMAC office and ask them for written approval, and we must do this atleast one week prior to the test.
The rescheduling fee is just 50$ in case we reschedule the test a week prior to the scheduled date.

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2008, 09:15
Yup - hope I dont have to pay all over again!!! :|

Yes, in this case I was expecting my passport back by Friday last week - but then never turned up till today!!

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2008, 20:03
The reply has come from pearsons- it has not consider my case :( . 250$ down the drain!!

Is there any higher body than candidate services where I could appeal for a revisit- just for information?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 2

Schools: Tepper '11

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 10:56
i'm pretty sure when the GMAC requires a passport, a photocopy of a passport is not acceptable, nor is a drawing of your passport, a verbal description of your passport, or a note regarding your passport. This is clearly implied and should be understood.

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 148

Schools: Baruch / Zicklin

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 11:25
^ LMAO! But I am quite certain that they will accept a 3-D CAD rendering of my passport. Image

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 148

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

Schools: Life

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2008, 11:26
Don't waste your time, I've been down this road before; I had to reschedule and pay the $250.
Don't let this get you down, bit the bullet put in more time to study if needed and kill the best next time around. Good luck

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Re: Was very unfortunate!!!!!!! - WASNT THAT UNFORTUNATE :) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2008, 22:27
Hey guys - GMAC considered my case and allowed me to retake the test without any extra payments. Guys at GMAC, I guess are great and for sure they just dont go blindly by their policies!

But all this dint come for free - a number of phone calls and repeated requests did go into it!

I gave my test on saturday and scored a 700 (Q49 V36). I could have done much better, nevertheless I am happy and guess would be sufficient for ISB-HYD.

Good Luck guys!! :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 165 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2008, 22:45
Good work iamcartic .... congrats :)

Kudos [?]: 165 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Was very unfortunate!!!!!!! - WASNT THAT UNFORTUNATE :) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2008, 22:46
iamcartic wrote:
Hey guys - GMAC considered my case and allowed me to retake the test without any extra payments. Guys at GMAC, I guess are great and for sure they just dont go blindly by their policies!

But all this dint come for free - a number of phone calls and repeated requests did go into it!

I gave my test on saturday and scored a 700 (Q49 V36). I could have done much better, nevertheless I am happy and guess would be sufficient for ISB-HYD.

Good Luck guys!! :)

Persistence Pays Off! Thats why they say "Never Give Up"..... 8-)
Good luck with ISB :P

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2008, 01:46
Thank you all - GMATCLUB is a great medium and has helped me a lot in geting there.

Good luck to everbody here!!!

Re: Was very unfortunate!!!!!!!   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2008, 01:46

Was very unfortunate!!!!!!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: EMPOWERgmatRichC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap