GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2019, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

We are CEIBS Student Ambassadors - feel free to ask any questions

new topic post reply Update application status  
CEIBS Student Ambassador
B
We are CEIBS Student Ambassadors - feel free to ask any questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 09:24
Hi everyone! As CEIBS Student Ambassadors we would like to share about Mainland China’s Top ranked MBA Program, Full-Time MBA in China Europe International Business School.

CEIBS is relatively young MBA School, started in 1994 as a joint arrangement between Chinese Government and the European Union, however in 2019 it was ranked as 1st in Asia and 4th in the world by Forbes and #5 in the world by Financial Times.

We want to tell you more about what differentiates CEIBS from other Top tier MBA Schools, provide you insights about admissions process & scholarships and share our experience living in Shanghai and China.

Feel free to ask any questions related to CEIBS.

CEIBS Student Ambassadors
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CEIBS '22
Re: We are CEIBS Student Ambassadors - feel free to ask any questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 10:24
Hi. How much GMAT score do I need to qualify for a fellowship or full scholarship at CEIBS. I'm from Nigeria.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
V
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Re: We are CEIBS Student Ambassadors - feel free to ask any questions  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 10:49
how are job opportunities after doing MBA from CEIBS?
Is general management is better than consulting?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2019, 23:57
CEIBS wrote:
Hi everyone! As CEIBS Student Ambassadors we would like to share about Mainland China’s Top ranked MBA Program, Full-Time MBA in China Europe International Business School....

Welcome to the forum! Hope prospective applicants will utilize this great opportunity to learn more about CEIBS MBA program, its key features, and any application-related questions. Feel free to PM me should you need any assistance on GMAT Club.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 06:27
Firdaos wrote:
Hi. How much GMAT score do I need to qualify for a fellowship or full scholarship at CEIBS. I'm from Nigeria.

Dear Firdaos,

Thank you for your question.

For your information, 80% of admitted students in 2019 scored between 640 and 740.

There is no exact score to be qualified for a fellowship or scholarship at CEIBS. The Admissions Committee will take a holistic review of the applicant's academic record; response to essay questions; work experience; recommendation letters; test scores and the interview performance. However, I would recommend you to aim over 700 to get a stronger chance to be considered for financial assistance.

CEIBS offers wide range of scholarships for both domestic and overseas students. For more information about scholarships, please visit Expenses & Financial Aid on the CEIBS webpage.

CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 07:00
mangamma wrote:
how are job opportunities after doing MBA from CEIBS?
Is general management is better than consulting?

Dear Mangamma,

Thank you for your questions.

Being the best business school in China and having one the biggest alumni network, CEIBS is widely recognized by the corporate world. With proven academic excellence and managerial potential, CEIBS's graduates are highly sought after by multinationals and leading Chinese companies. The CEIBS MBA placement rate within 3 months last year was 94.3%, which was one of the highest among top tier programs.
Functionwise, 21,2% found the job in General Management whilst 19,7% in Consulting.

CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2019, 07:02
Narenn wrote:
CEIBS wrote:
Hi everyone! As CEIBS Student Ambassadors we would like to share about Mainland China’s Top ranked MBA Program, Full-Time MBA in China Europe International Business School....

Welcome to the forum! Hope prospective applicants will utilize this great opportunity to learn more about CEIBS MBA program, its key features, and any application-related questions. Feel free to PM me should you need any assistance on GMAT Club.

Thanks Narenn!!! Look forward for future cooperation.

Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 03:54
Hi CEIBS ,
Could you shine some light on placements with regard to region. (Are majority jobs offered in mainland China?)
How hard/easy is it to get a work visa post MBA?
Are there any internships available?

Thanks
CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2019, 23:28
Karmesh wrote:
Hi CEIBS ,
Could you shine some light on placements with regard to region. (Are majority jobs offered in mainland China?)
How hard/easy is it to get a work visa post MBA?
Are there any internships available?

Thanks

Dear Karmesh.

Thank you for your questions.

According to CEIBS MBA2019 Career report, 86,2% of job placements after graduation are in Mainland China, 11% are in Asia Pacific countries such as Hong Kong, Korea, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and other Asian countries, 2.8% of jobs are located in Europe, North and South America.

Receiving a work permit is relatively easy for foreign professionals in China who get a formal job offer.

We also have a professional Career Development Centre (CDC) which assist CEIBS' students to effectively manage their careers. It provides a broad range of services related to students' career development from the beginning of the programme. These services include career counselling, workshops, mock interviews, Internships and Practicum, organising industry briefing, on-campus company presentations, etc. Furthermore, our CDC is tasked with arranging job fairs to connect students with employers from across the globe.
There are plenty of opportunities to get internship in China. Many of CEIBS students starting their part - time internship in January and getting job offers before graduation.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V39
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 03:24
Hi CEIBS,

I have total experience of 3 years till now and want to switch from my current software engineer role to a general management role. How can an MBA from CEIBS help me to achieve this goal?
I gave my GMAT last weekend and got a 700. I will reappear for the exam very soon and am targeting 730+ score. Assuming that I achieve my target score, what are the realistic chances that I`ll be selected if I am planning to apply in R2(considering everything else goes fine)? Also, what algorithm is used for converting the undergrad grades to GPA at CEIBS?

TIA
CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2019, 11:25
Amoghzz wrote:
Hi CEIBS,

I have total experience of 3 years till now and want to switch from my current software engineer role to a general management role. How can an MBA from CEIBS help me to achieve this goal?
I gave my GMAT last weekend and got a 700. I will reappear for the exam very soon and am targeting 730+ score. Assuming that I achieve my target score, what are the realistic chances that I`ll be selected if I am planning to apply in R2(considering everything else goes fine)? Also, what algorithm is used for converting the undergrad grades to GPA at CEIBS?

TIA

Dear Amoghzz,

Thank you for your questions!

From provided information we cannot tell whether you will be accepted or not because the admission process is very competitive every year and the Admission Committee will make the decision taking into account many factors such applicant's academic record; response to essay questions; work experience; recommendation letters; test scores and the interview performance. However, we strongly encourage you to apply to CEIBS as many of the current admitted students have similar profile as you have.

According to CEIBS MBA2019 career report 70.5% of the MBA2019 graduates leveraged CEIBS school resources to land their job, 80.1% successfully switched their career post MBA graduation and 26% of all 2019 graduates accepted the job in the General Management. To help you to identify your career interest and develop a career plan, CEIBS Career Development Center will offer you broad range of services including personal career counselling, workshops, mock interviews, Internships, industry briefings, on-campus company presentations. There are many other opportunities and resources available in CEIBS to help you reach your desired career path.

As far as I know, CEIBS does not have strict rules on converting the undergrad grades to GPA. In your application you may use the GPA or average score stated in your certificate.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
WE: Design (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 08:35
Hi

Do CEIBS accept GRE? If so what is the average GRE score of the class? Also can you through some light on the language barrier for international students and is it possible for CEIBS students to get jobs in the country in which they do student exchange program.

Thanks
CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Oct 2019, 07:34
ChandrahasM wrote:
Hi

Do CEIBS accept GRE? If so what is the average GRE score of the class? Also can you through some light on the language barrier for international students and is it possible for CEIBS students to get jobs in the country in which they do student exchange program.

Thanks

Dear ChandrahasM,

Thank you very much for your questions!

Yes, CEIBS accepts GRE & GMAT and offers as an option for applicants its own CEIBS Admission Test. About 80% MBA students' GMAT scores have been within the range of 640-740. To determine whether your score is matching the range you may try to convert your GRE score using this link: https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/ad ... t06_180820.

Regarding the language barrier, all MBA courses are taught exclusively in English. During your 18-month MBA study, CEIBS will offer free Mandarin courses at 3 different levels: basic, intermediate and advanced.

Positions in the area of domestic marketing, business development, finance, and other domestic client centered jobs often require Mandarin. Nevertheless with many Asia headquarters of MNCs based in Shanghai, as well as Chinese companies that are globalizing, many of CEIBS international students are able to find a position in China without Mandarin proficiency.

It is also possible to find a job in the countries where the students do their exchange program. CEIBS shares job searching platforms with some of their partnering business schools.

CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 00:40
Hi everyone!

Small update about CEIBS tution fee.

The tuition fee for the 18-month MBA programme (CEIBS MBA2022) will be RMB 438,000.

Tuition fee covers:

Tuition
Teaching materials (excluding textbooks)
Use of Internet resources through the campus network
Access to the school's databases which are open to MBA students.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 00:56
CEIBS wrote:
Hi everyone!

The tuition fee for the 18-month MBA programme (CEIBS MBA2022) will be RMB 438,000.

Tuition fee covers:

Tuition

Thanks for this post!
I am looking forward to apply for CEIBS 18-month MBA program. I am from India and I wish to ask if CEIBS is open to applicants from Construction/Infrastructure background. Thanks.
CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Nov 2019, 01:20
kk47 wrote:
CEIBS wrote:
Hi everyone!

Tuition fee covers:

Tuition

Thanks for this post!
I am looking forward to apply for CEIBS 18-month MBA program. I am from India and I wish to ask if CEIBS is open to applicants from Construction/Infrastructure background. Thanks.

Dear kk47,

Thank you for your question.

CEIBS is very open for prospective students from all kind of backgrounds including the Construction/Infrastructure. We can connect you with the current students from similar background to get information from the firsthand. Let me know if you want to get the contacts.

Originally posted by CEIBS on 11 Nov 2019, 09:13.
Last edited by CEIBS on 13 Nov 2019, 01:20, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 23:37
Hi there! Could I be put in contact with any alumni you may have from Malaysia and Singapore, please. Preferably anyone whom is in a management position.
CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 08:35
bryancsr wrote:
Hi there! Could I be put in contact with any alumni you may have from Malaysia and Singapore, please. Preferably anyone whom is in a management position.

Hi bryancsr!

Send me please your WeChat account or email address in PM and we will ask our admission or CDC office to connect you with the requested people.

CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 08:41
Hi everyone!

Are you interested in the world-class CEIBS MBA program and study in an unrivaled business school?

Join the CEIBS MBA Coffee Chats around the globe in the following locations:

Coffee Chat with CEIBS MBAs -Tel Aviv 2019.12.11

Coffee Chat with CEIBS MBAs -
Johannesburg 2019.12.11

Delhi 2019.12.15

Hangzhou 2019.12.18

Coffee Chat with CEIBS MBAs -Accra 2019.12.21

Coffee Chat with CEIBS MBAs - Taipei 2019.12.21

Bengaluru 2019.12.21

Kuala Lumpur 2019.12.23

Warsaw 2019.12.28

Beijing 2019.12.29

Jakarta 2020.01.23

For any inquiries feel free to reply on this post or send a PM.

CEIBS Student Ambassador
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 07:00
CEIBS wrote:
Hi everyone! As CEIBS Student Ambassadors we would like to share about Mainland China’s Top ranked MBA Program, Full-Time MBA in China Europe International Business School.

CEIBS is relatively young MBA School, started in 1994 as a joint arrangement between Chinese Government and the European Union, however in 2019 it was ranked as 1st in Asia and 4th in the world by Forbes and #5 in the world by Financial Times.

We want to tell you more about what differentiates CEIBS from other Top tier MBA Schools, provide you insights about admissions process & scholarships and share our experience living in Shanghai and China.

Feel free to ask any questions related to CEIBS.

Hi everyone!

CEIBS MBA Student Ambassadors take us on personal guided tour of our campus in Shanghai.

Follow the link: https://www.ceibs.edu/video-podcast/174 ... oupmessage

GMAT Club Bot
We are CEIBS Student Ambassadors - feel free to ask any questions   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2019, 07:00

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 24 posts ] 

We are CEIBS Student Ambassadors - feel free to ask any questions

new topic post reply Update application status