Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:46 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 772 [0]
Given Kudos: 97
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5204 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32842 [0]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Weak in Quant (Q32) - best focus for next two months? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
remicat wrote:
Hi all,

Recently took the GMAT and got a 590, Q32 V40. I had taken a CAT rather non-seriously and received at 580 so that seemed around the mark. I did not do a lot of studying; or rather, I'm realizing, my studying was much too focused on trying to memorize/learn concepts (such as integer properties) rather than actually doing questions (I think I only did like 20 OG questions, though I worked a lot of the problems in the MGMAT Math books located at the end of the chapters).

I am aiming for 700+ for top B-schools this fall, now with a goal of applying round 2. This means I would love to retake in around two months. I'm obviously hoping for a solid score, but also hoping my application will be bolstered by my undergrad GPA and work experience (top 3 consulting firm + widely known industry consulting).

I'm weighing which options for a structured study to go with, and Math Revolution seemed like a good option. I realize most of my prep should be quant. I didn't study any verbal so I'm sure brushing up on concepts will help be gain a few points there, but I am less concerned with it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks~

Hi

Start with the Arithmetic. One month for learning Quant concepts and one month for practicing question. During you Practicing question don't forget to make an error log to track your weak areas after practice. Once you know your weak areas revise your Concepts related to those areas and do some more Practice. 6-8 CATs are enough for practice the real tests. Make your Stamina for sitting 3 hours in the test and don't study more than 2 hours in one sit and 4 hours per day\

Good Luck
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2852 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Weak in Quant (Q32) - best focus for next two months? [#permalink]
remicat wrote:
Hi all,

Recently took the GMAT and got a 590, Q32 V40. I had taken a CAT rather non-seriously and received at 580 so that seemed around the mark. I did not do a lot of studying; or rather, I'm realizing, my studying was much too focused on trying to memorize/learn concepts (such as integer properties) rather than actually doing questions (I think I only did like 20 OG questions, though I worked a lot of the problems in the MGMAT Math books located at the end of the chapters).

I am aiming for 700+ for top B-schools this fall, now with a goal of applying round 2. This means I would love to retake in around two months. I'm obviously hoping for a solid score, but also hoping my application will be bolstered by my undergrad GPA and work experience (top 3 consulting firm + widely known industry consulting).

I'm weighing which options for a structured study to go with, and Math Revolution seemed like a good option. I realize most of my prep should be quant. I didn't study any verbal so I'm sure brushing up on concepts will help be gain a few points there, but I am less concerned with it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks~

Hi remicat,

You can try out the Math revolution course as it is phenomenal and covers the entire syllabus really well. Plus it has great reviews on GMATCLUB. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

Further another advantage of taking many mocks is to build up your stamina. Apart from the GMATPREP tests, taking practise tests of any major GMATPREP company ought to do that.

Lastly I would also encourage you to purchase the latest version of OG and the Quant review for some great additional practice. Here is a link that will help you with your decision.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ma ... ml?fl=menu

Hope this helps. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
You can use Target Test Prep. It is the best course available in the market.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
You can use Target Test Prep. It is the best course available in the market. My score jumped to 42 from 35 in just one month.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92883 posts