Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: What are my chances? Non accounting major [#permalink]
Rainandsnow117 wrote:
Anyone??? Are my chances that low that no one wants to tell me.....

Hi Rainandsnow117 - You definitely have a chance of admission into a MACC program. I returned to graduate school about 10 years after I earned an undergraduate degree in Math & English. It helped that I had the higher level math courses. My program at Belmont University Massey School (Nashville TN) offers an intensive summer course for those without undergraduate degrees in Accounting to enter the MACC program afterwards. This was much more helpful than going to a community college for the courses I lacked. I really got to know the faculty and other students during the summer intensive program. I had a good support network once I started the MACC. Some students completed the MACC in 1 year. I took two years because I had a young child at home. After graduating, I was offered a position at a regional public accounting firm. I sat for the CPA exam and passed all 4 parts on my first attempt at each section. It is not uncommon for career-changers to apply for MACC programs. Look for a solid program that offers you the courses you will need to bridge from your undergrad degree to the grad program. Keep your job at SB while you are in grad school. You'll want the funds and the coffee benefits. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: What are my chances? Non accounting major [#permalink]
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts