Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:18 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [2]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
What are my chances of getting ISB? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
­Hello witcher3333

I hope you are doing good. Your profile appears to be quite strong, and you have a diverse set of experiences and achievements. However, it's essential to keep in mind that admission to top MBA programs, including ISB, is highly competitive, and the evaluation process is holistic. 

Your competitive GMAT score of 720 falls within the accepted range at ISB, demonstrating your aptitude for academic excellence. Consistent academic performance, evidenced by a CGPA of 9.2 in BJMC from both college and high school, underscores your strong educational foundation. Valuable work experience at Google as a TVC, particularly in handling campaigns for the Play Store, adds a notable dimension to your professional profile. Diverse internships in journalism, coupled with a subsequent promotion, showcase your commitment and adaptability in a professional setting. Pursuing a Six Sigma Green Belt certification reflects your commitment to continuous professional development. 

Given your interest in product marketing, emphasizing quantitative achievements or experiences at Google would further strengthen your profile. While your promotions are commendable, highlighting specific leadership roles or initiatives undertaken at work and in extracurricular activities would enhance your application. Clearly articulating the reasons behind your pursuit of an MBA and why ISB specifically aligns with your career goals in product marketing is crucial. 

Craft compelling essays that showcase your unique experiences, contributions, and aspirations, providing specific examples to highlight your strengths. Network with current ISB students or alumni to gain insights into the program and strengthen your application's alignment with your goals; mention these interactions in your application. 

Remember that the admissions process is subjective, and a lot depends on how well you present your story and fit with the ISB program. While your GMAT is competitive, the other elements of your application need to align to demonstrate a strong overall fit.

We offer a limited number of complimentary profile evaluations each week. We match you with the students and alums of top B-Schools according to your background and target schools. In this call, the experts will try to dig out your USP for top B-schools and provide you with honest feedback on your profile and chances to your target schools.

Book a free profile evaluation call now with Alums and Current students of ISB!

Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
Email: hasan@mbaandbeyond.com
MBA and Beyond­­­
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: What are my chances of getting ISB? [#permalink]
Expert Reply

witcher3333 wrote:
23M, GMAT - 720, AWA6, IR3

acads - BJMC from tier 2 college, CGPA 9.2
10th - 9.4 cgpa, 12th - 78%

work ex - 18 months of full time work ex, work for Google as a TVC doing Merchandising for the Play Store as an associate where I handle campaigns for the Play Store.

Post MBA - product marketing

extra curriculars - Have done five internships in the field of journalism for big and small firms and seen 1 promotion here. Additionally, i have volunteered for 2-3 NGOs. Have participated in debate competitions during school and won a state competition. Have organised and participated in a few college events as well

Certification- will complete six sigma green belt in coming month

what are my chances of securing an admit from ISB? i dont have the bandwidth of improving my GMAT score. is my current profile enough? if not, please give me suggestions to improve it. thank you

Posted from my mobile device

­
Hello witcher3333,

Thanks for writing in.

On the GMAT front, you do not really need to do anything. 

Having said the above, your age and years of experience lie on the lower end for ISB; hence, how you portray your achievements, skill set, and growth on the work front is what is truly going to be important. 

With close to 6 months in hand before the Round 1 application, this year, you should keep performing in your current role, avoid changes, and take on opportunities that help you showcase leadership and career growth. Instead of just volunteering, if you can showcase  some leadership on the extra-curricular front as well, it will add value to your case.

Your chances will depend on how you portray your strengths through your essays and how logically your goals sync with your existing profile.

Should you wish to discuss your case in greater detail, please feel free to reach out to us for a free profile evaluation session.

All the best!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: What are my chances of getting ISB? [#permalink]