Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:59 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 485 [0]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Leadership, Technology
Schools: Wharton '25
WE:Information Technology (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: What are the best resources for practicing GMAT questions for retaking [#permalink]
sivatx2 I understand, but I have 2 months to prepare, for concepts, I am using Manhattan strategy guide/ prep guide, but they do not have questions to practice or should I say question bank as such in them. So, for 2 months, I need to practice something daily so that I do not lose my grip and am able to apply the learn concepts because learning the concept is not enough, we should be able to apply it as well because in the end that is what matters in the exam, the application of the learned concept, plus I also have to practice for speed so that I do not lose on time on exam and miss some questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: What are the best resources for practicing GMAT questions for retaking [#permalink]
Filter OG test questions only, in GMATClub forum quizzes with timer on, and check how much your speed & accuracy, which may be a good indicator as you learn, topic-wise. Once you're ready & feel good, then go with Official practice test. Don't do weekly full mock tests as you can't see your growth in short period.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sivatx2 okay, so I should solve the same questions again? Because as I said I have already finished all the questions from OG. If so, then I have already done those questions, I might be able to solve those questions much quickly as I have done them in the past as well. Wouldn't it be better if I solve completely new questions which I am not familiar with, so that I can test my skills and speed as it would be a better indicator because even in exam I am going to solve completely new questions which I have never encountered before.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
PranayJha wrote:
sivatx2 okay, so I should solve the same questions again? Because as I said I have already finished all the questions from OG. If so, then I have already done those questions, I might be able to solve those questions much quickly as I have done them in the past as well. Wouldn't it be better if I solve completely new questions which I am not familiar with, so that I can test my skills and speed as it would be a better indicator because even in exam I am going to solve completely new questions which I have never encountered before.

I'm sure you will forget the answer to any question, within few days, though, you may remember the question content. Try focusing on how you arrive at a solution( why a solution is right) rather from instinctive memory. If you could do it faster than before, yes you know you have improved. Time it and see how you perform.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1807 [0]
Given Kudos: 203
Send PM
What are the best resources for practicing GMAT questions for retaking [#permalink]
You have already taken the test and are familiar with the tested concepts. To improve your score and assuming you are well-versed in your concepts, you should prioritize strengthening your weak areas. Everyone has weak areas, and it is for you to outline yours.

It is not necessary to practice everyday nor is it necessary to solve large numbers of questions. Working on topics that you are already comfortable with isn't smart. Spend your time on selective practice. This site has plenty of questions.

Selectively redo official questions and understand the intricacies. The GMAT tests similar subtle ideas.

Solving questions is insufficient to get very good scores. You also need to perfect your test-taking strategies. These will vary with persons, so again, you will need to determine what works for you.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi PranayJha,

I've sent you a PM with some notes and additional questions.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22065 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant courses and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 172
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Send PM
PranayJha

The way I practiced was by going through questions on Gmat Club. My weakness was Sentence Correction by far so I went on Gmat Club SC forum, filtered by all OG questions: OG 2021, OG 2020, OG 2019 etc. Then I chose my desired difficulty of 700+ and answered the questions, using the timer as a reference. I only use official questions because official questions can never be argued against, they are always correct and it gets you into the right mindset to find flaws in yourself rather than flaws in the question. A lot of questions from other sources will be either testing something completely different to GMAT, or the question itself can be wrong sometimes, or open to interpretations. Now there are 100s of questions you can do, take your time doing them and really try to understand why the correct answer is correct and wrong answer is wrong. I'm also really bad at remembering SC questions so after I finished all the questions, I started again and I was unable to remember a lot of questions. So my goal was to really try and get 100% this time and if I get a question wrong again, that means there is something I really lack so I spend time trying to understand this concept.

Also I would buy the practice tests, all 6 of them. Space them out but have 2 fresh tests for the last 1-2 weeks. Really try and understand why you get questions wrong and don't rush through these tests because these tests are definitely like the real thing so you need to be careful how you use them. Treat each test like a real one so you don't waste the test. And I would also use your reset to try and see what your score is like after a week or two, that will give you a reference of whether you understood your mistakes or not because a lot of the same questions will come up. This is not going to give you a reliable score but it will exhaust the questions more so you can keep practising. I also did Gmat Prep 6 the day before my real test and acted like that was the real test. That was really helpful because I was extremely nervous on the test, my time management was not very good so I knew the last minute fixes I had to do.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts