Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6858 [1]
Given Kudos: 500
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 301 [0]
Given Kudos: 413
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 374 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: what is my chance to get admission? [#permalink]
AndrewN

Thanks AndrewN for sharing the Question Bank..

Ever so grateful...
Volunteer Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 6858 [0]
Given Kudos: 500
Expert Reply
Suraj0184 wrote:
AndrewN

Thanks AndrewN for sharing the Question Bank..

Ever so grateful...

I am happy to help the community, Suraj0184. If you took the GMAT™ already and earned such a high score, I am not sure how much my spreadsheets would have helped you—I added the links to my signature last month. If you meant the other link from my earlier response, it seemed the right thing to say to someone who was asking admissions questions. In any case, if you get the feedback you need, so much the better.

I appreciate your having taken the time to write back.

- Andrew
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
sourabhsingh1 wrote:
HI GMATclub,

I gave GMAT and scored 750. I am from india. i have total experience of around 7yrs in sales and marketing.currently working as banker.i think my profile is average what is my chance to get admission in tepper b school?? how to make my profile better...

please tell

Hi sourabhsingh1 750 is a good score for Tepper. But I am unable to understand your career trajectory and see the connect between S&M and banking. Would be good to share a detailed profile description. What has your academic arc been like? What are some notable achievements of your career? Any ECs? What is your motivation for an MBA at this point and what are your goals?

Best wishes
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
sourabhsingh1:

Per the advice above, please sign up for a free consultation if you would like to discuss your overall application, chances at Tepper, and general advice with one of our admissions experts.

You have a promising profile, but I'm afraid there is way too little information to make a determination. We wouldn't want to give you false hope or create unnecessary cynicism. It's always best to discuss live with someone who has seen this all before and who can advise you professionally.

Here is the link: https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Thank you each one of you to reply.

I know with marks we cant reach to the result
so i am sharing more information about my academics & work exp.

i got 2nd division in my 10th class and 3rd division in my 12th class.i did my bachelors in 2012 with 1st division after that i joined a digital marketing firm i worked there around 3.5yrs as BDE and then did my MBA (finance and marketing) then I joined Pvt bank and from 2019 to till now i am working in the bank (Sales+banking operation). I am 30 yrs old. why i want to go for MBA i feel my career is stagnant. and I want to change my stream to finance.after post MBA i want join a financial firm in assets like corporate finance or in financial operations. now I think you know my profile. I have one more question with this profile "how many colleges I should apply to get admission"?

Originally posted by sourabhsingh1 on 14 Jun 2022, 11:25.
Last edited by sourabhsingh1 on 15 Jun 2022, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sourabhsingh1:

There are several factors that go into determining the number of schools to which one should apply. Here are a few for you to ponder:

1. How risky are your picks? Are you aiming for only top schools? Are you comfortable with safeties?
2. How many per round? Do you want to go for R1 or can you spread them out?
3. How much overlap is there between essay questions for each school? Do you have to rewrite essays or can you repurpose material from one to the next?
4. Are your recommenders able to support you with all applications or do they have a limit?

I strongly suggest getting in touch with someone on our team to guide you through this thinking so you can build a proper list in terms of fit and number.

https://admissionado.com/free-consultation/
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
sourabhsingh1 wrote:

i did my bachelors in 2012 with 1st division after that i joined a digital marketing firm i worked there around 3.5yrs as BDE and then did my MBA (finance and marketing) then I joined Pvt bank and from 2019 to till now i am working in the bank (Sales+banking operation). now I think you know my profile. I have one more question with this profile "how many colleges I should apply to get admission"?

sourabhsingh1 thanks for sharing more details.

Since you already have an MBA, you must have good reasons for wanting another. You have not mentioned the industry and role you wish to work in post-MBA, therefore it is somewhat tricky to suggest a strategy for your applications. But know that the schools will try to probe you on whether you've deliberated enough on your post-2nd-MBA goals and future plans. You do not want to come across as someone who is merely looking for an exit from your current path where you feel you are unable to hack any growth possibilities. Demonstrating meticulous research on your career prospect and connecting it to your motivations will take you closer to getting an admit.

How many colleges you should apply to also needs to be an outcome of your research. For example Tepper is known for its strong standing in tech and analytics. How do you backtrack your motivation for a Tepper MBA to your prior experience as well as link it to your post MBA goals. Speak to alumni from your target schools who have followed a similar career path as you and succeeded in their undertakings. Engaging with the schools and alumni will take a lot of bandwidth, therefore target only a handful few that you feel you can do a good job at.

Feel free to get in touch should you need guidance.

Best wishes
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
sourabhsingh1 wrote:
HI GMATclub,

I gave GMAT and scored 750. I am from india. i have total experience of around 7yrs in sales and marketing.currently working as banker.i think my profile is average what is my chance to get admission in tepper b school?? how to make my profile better...

please tell

You have a really good GMAT Score to begin with. 750 is indeed an exceptional score and shows your dedication as well as your academical knowledge. The only part that you need to keep in mind is that a GMAT score is not the only criteria that top B-schools abroad look for.

The other aspects that you need to highlight in your profile are:
    Bachelor’s GPA
    Extracurricular Activities
    Work Experience
    Language Proficiency Test

Since you mentioned that you have 7 years of work experience, I am sure you would have acquired relevant skills and knowledge that you can highlight.
Even an otherwise excellent profile can be rejected if all the aspects are not highlighted properly so it is very important to make sure that each aspect is presented relevantly.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.
We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Expert Reply
sourabhsingh1 wrote:
HI GMATclub,

please tell

Hi sourabhsingh1,

You have a very good GMAT score so you are definitely sorted for Tepper on this front. However, your post does not provide us with details pertaining to the domain in which you have experience or where you see your career going from here. These details will also help us determine your chances at Tepper.

Should you feel the need for a detailed profile evaluation session, please drop us a message and we will take it forward.

All the best!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
sourabhsingh1 wrote:

i got 2nd division in my 10th class and 3rd division in my 12th class.i did my bachelors in 2012 with 1st division after that i joined a digital marketing firm i worked there around 3.5yrs as BDE and then did my MBA (finance and marketing) then I joined Pvt bank and from 2019 to till now i am working in the bank (Sales+banking operation). I am 30 yrs old. why i want to go for MBA i feel my career is stagnant. and I want to change my stream to finance.after post MBA i want join a financial firm in assets like corporate finance or in financial operations. now I think you know my profile. I have one more question with this profile "how many colleges I should apply to get admission"?

- You should apply to Tepper. You will have a decent shot at getting in with a good application
- There is no given number of schools that will guarantee admission. You should choose the right schools than focus on a number.
- The Grade 10/12 marks don't matter much. You did have a first division in your Bachelor's degree, though if it was just a tad over 60%, that might not be distinctive enough.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Tepper Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Tepper Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Tepper Forum for all fresh things related to the Tepper MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts