GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 15:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What is the average GMAT score of Mannheim management students?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
What is the average GMAT score of Mannheim management students?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Apr 2016, 20:48
I'm aiming at 700+ GMAT with hope that it's enough for me to guarantee a place at Mannheim this year. Any advice from the alumni?

Originally posted by gerjapa on 07 Apr 2016, 18:22.
Last edited by gerjapa on 13 Apr 2016, 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Mannheim
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.3
Re: What is the average GMAT score of Mannheim management students?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2016, 07:48
Hi gerjapa

what program are you applying for?
I have read that the average GMAT score in Mannheim is at around 670.

I am applying for the Master in Management where you have a huge advantage in the application process when you have studied one semester abroad. With a semester abroad even 650 can be enough I think.

regards
Andy

GMATPrep No. 1 -> 640
GMATPrep No. 2 -> 640
GMAT -> 670
Intern
Intern
Re: What is the average GMAT score of Mannheim management students?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 20:52
Kocket wrote:
Hi gerjapa

I am applying for the Master in Management where you have a huge advantage in the application process when you have studied one semester abroad. With a semester abroad even 650 can be enough I think.

regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm looking at MMM and MMBR as well. My preference is MMBR cuz it's a better path to a prospective PhD but I don't know, I'll take whatever I can get a place in.

I find myself falling short of many criteria for MMM really, no semester abroad, no practical experience in business (I'm working in academia so only got published papers). I have some volunteer work history but that adds only 2 points. So seriously the GMAT is the only thing now that can help me guarantee a place at Mannheim, and it needs to be much higher than average, which is quite a pressure really.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Mannheim
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V39
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 00:27
gerjapa wrote:
Kocket wrote:
Hi gerjapa

regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

I'm looking at MMM and MMBR as well. My preference is MMBR cuz it's a better path to a prospective PhD but I don't know, I'll take whatever I can get a place in.

I find myself falling short of many criteria for MMM really, no semester abroad, no practical experience in business (I'm working in academia so only got published papers). I have some volunteer work history but that adds only 2 points. So seriously the GMAT is the only thing now that can help me guarantee a place at Mannheim, and it needs to be much higher than average, which is quite a pressure really.

Hi gerjapa,

I think the MMBR is not as popular/crowded as the MMM so I think your chances are much higher there.
If you prefer the MMBR I suppose you pursue a career in research?

My focus is more on general management and consulting.
But anyway it would be great to connect with you if you start studying in Mannheim! :D
Are you from Germany? And are you applying for the English only track of the program or the German track?

If I don´t get accepted this year, I will start working for Ernst & Young in the auditing and assurance service line. I already got a job offer there.
If that happens I will apply again next year.

regards,
Andy

GMATPrep No. 1 -> 640
GMATPrep No. 2 -> 640
GMAT -> 670
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 05:20
The average GMAT score in the MMM is 680. It might be easier to get into the MMBR, because it is a new program and there will be not as many applicants as for the MMM.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2016, 23:34
Kocket wrote:
gerjapa wrote:
Kocket wrote:
Hi gerjapa

regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

Hi gerjapa,

I think the MMBR is not as popular/crowded as the MMM so I think your chances are much higher there.
If you prefer the MMBR I suppose you pursue a career in research?

My focus is more on general management and consulting.
But anyway it would be great to connect with you if you start studying in Mannheim! :D
Are you from Germany? And are you applying for the English only track of the program or the German track?

If I don´t get accepted this year, I will start working for Ernst & Young in the auditing and assurance service line. I already got a job offer there.
If that happens I will apply again next year.

regards,
Andy

Sure, if I end up in Mannheim, let's get connected once we're both there.

Yes, I'm looking at a more research-oriented career, that's probably why I have been advised that MMBR is a better choice for me. But I'll take whatever I can get (the MMBR has a higher GMAT requirement).

And no I'm not German. I'm applying for the full English track. I'm learning German as well but won't be competent enough for education.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2016, 23:36
Markmal wrote:
The average GMAT score in the MMM is 680. It might be easier to get into the MMBR, because it is a new program and there will be not as many applicants as for the MMM.

Man now I'm worried. I got 680 for my first GMAT exam just a few days ago. Not sure what my chances are at all for both MMM and MMBR. The latter might be a new offer, but its GMAT requirement are 30 points higher, which also means a tight ship I'm running.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 560 Q43 V23
GMAT 2: 570 Q42 V26
WE: Operations (Other)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 15:18
I have a question.
I am planning for a GMAT score of 700+
My undergraduate marks are low and CGPA is 6.5/10. I have three years of work experience in Supply Chain Management. Can anyone evaluate my profile and let me know my chances of getting an admission in MMM

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2018, 09:05
gerjapa wrote:
I'm aiming at 700+ GMAT with hope that it's enough for me to guarantee a place at Mannheim this year. Any advice from the alumni?

Score alone isn't sufficient. Profile must be good too. I guess this school asks for international experience as well(remember seeing in their website)
Having said that , yes, 700+ is decent . All the best

Best Regards
Murthy K
My other posts that helped aspirants

https://gmatclub.com/forum/p2255320
Procrastination vs Focus : https://gmatclub.com/forum/topic291963.html#p2250558
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 04:38
Hi I have 5 years 9 months work experience in manufacturing. However my GMAT score is only 620 :(. Do i have a chance in the Masters in Management course at Manheim? Please help
GMAT Club Bot
Re: What is the average GMAT score of Mannheim management students?   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2019, 04:38

What is the average GMAT score of Mannheim management students?

new topic post reply Update application status