It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 06:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What makes GMATClub so much better than BW forums?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 903 [0], given: 781

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 17:55
Its sad how a few members spoil it for the rest of them. For all its faults, the BW forums are still frequented by many folks who find the place very useful. BW magazine and their online resources are an invaluable resource for any MBA student.

Some of you have talked about how GMAT Club is a little harsh on any inappropriate language. We just feel that it is impossible to know everyone of our members. Whats OK for some is not OK for others.

I will sound like a broken record here, but this is worth repeating for the new members: It is members like all of you who make the Club useful. Be respectful, be open to differing opinions and help others achieve their goals.

As always, we are always eager to listen to your suggestions. I have said this in the past, but our most useful ideas (including this sub forum and b-school life) have often come from members.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 18:20
I do think that the fact that no one seems to be in control of the forum over there is what really hurts. There are several people who should be banned and more than a few threads that should have been deleted.

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2007, 18:42
what I like here is that the people "in control" don't often show their power or exert it. I see the "CEOs" here and there, but never think twice about that and see them as valued participants of this forum instead of the "Man" that we all need to fear. That's a sign of great leadership! :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 11

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 04:57
I like the fact that people genuinely try and help and have intelligent discussion. I know that if I post a question today, that I'm not going to attract a H/S vs. the rest of the world rant, but rather a well thought out and intelligent answer...

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 11

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 09:18
Yup, and the best part is people respect your opinion. They give you a chance to make your point and explain it. No one just says " Hey man. your point's worthless".

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 10:25
kripalkavi wrote:
Yup, and the best part is people respect your opinion. They give you a chance to make your point and explain it. No one just says " Hey man. your point's worthless".

Dude, this is the most worthless comment that i've ever seen :P

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 208 [0], given: 2

Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 11:19
mNeo wrote:
kripalkavi wrote:

mNeo, you don't know what you're talking about. Besides, Stanford is much better than Harvard.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 11:29
aaudetat wrote:
mNeo wrote:
kripalkavi wrote:

mNeo, you don't know what you're talking about. Besides, Stanford is much better than Harvard.

my regression analysis of the top 15 schools (anything below is worthless anyway) reveals w is better than both s and h, so you are both wrong

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 12:05
dabots wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
mNeo wrote:
kripalkavi wrote:

my regression analysis of the top 15 schools (anything below is worthless anyway) reveals w is better than both s and h, so you are both wrong

Ha ha ha! You guys are hilarious!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 13:21
oh please... Stanford trumps H/W, hands down. ;)

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 203 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 16:37
aaudetat wrote:
mNeo wrote:
kripalkavi wrote:

I think you meant Stanford's weather is better than Harvard's... :lol:

Another thing that scares me about BW is the rumor that some schools regularly monitor those forums. That limits any kind of sharing I may be willing to do. While I acknowledge that the same could be going on here, I don't need to post everything at once, just a few details every now and then and the "regulars" will get the full picture while the lurkers (or the schools' spies, if they ever show up) will not be able to get the full picture unless they spend an amount of time I'm not sure they want to spend. And while I see that BW would be willing to provide e-mail addresses to school upon request (because they have an interest in keeping good relations with schools), I would expect G'Club to respect its members' privacies much more.

I may be too paranoid, but I enjoy my privacy and got a better feeling from this site.

L.

Kudos [?]: 203 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 16:53
Lepium, your concerns are definitely valid. Our policy is to not to share any personal information. Obviously, any of you can request a change of user name at any time.

lepium wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
mNeo wrote:
kripalkavi wrote:

Another thing that scares me about BW is the rumor that some schools regularly monitor those forums. That limits any kind of sharing I may be willing to do. While I acknowledge that the same could be going on here, I don't need to post everything at once, just a few details every now and then and the "regulars" will get the full picture while the lurkers (or the schools' spies, if they ever show up) will not be able to get the full picture unless they spend an amount of time I'm not sure they want to spend. And while I see that BW would be willing to provide e-mail addresses to school upon request (because they have an interest in keeping good relations with schools), I would expect G'Club to respect its members' privacies much more.

I may be too paranoid, but I enjoy my privacy and got a better feeling from this site.

L.

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 20:57
Very well said lepium.

The private message system that is available here helps in this regard too.

lepium wrote:

L.

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 21:04
There are some real a$$e$ on BW forums. I remember one idiot posting about how all business leaders come from Harvard and that all other bschool grads work as their lackeys.

I also remember rhyme tearing that kid a new ahole for making that comment.

BW forums doesn't have the community that GMATClub does. I genuinely want to help people here (however which way I can). People at BW tend to fend for him/herself.

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 4

Schools: Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 21:52
Here I am my better self :flower

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 4

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 22:07
kryzak wrote:
oh please... Stanford trumps H/W, hands down. ;)

WEST COAST! Aiii!

:-D

SVP
SVP

Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 22:56
lepium wrote:

L.

More than a rumor, my friend. A student doing a tour at either Duke or UNC (don't remember which) told me they look at these forums. She made it sound more like image management, and less about spying on potential applicants.

On another note, Praet, are you enjoying this love-fest?

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 23:13
that's what I'm talking about helg! :)

But I want to see rhyme tear a new a$$**** on someone... maybe I should log into BW and search for that thread! ;)

VP
VP

Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2007, 23:45
aaudetat wrote:

On another note, Praet, are you enjoying this love-fest?

I believe we haven't been articulated enough....

*prostratin himself in front of the monitor*

:pray

Hail Praet! Those who are about to apply, salute you! :barbarian

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ross '10
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2007, 01:42
I totally echo helg's sentiment.

I seriously think that "Membership in GMAT Club" increases an applicant's chance for an admit to a good extent. WIthout this club, I would be lost in this admissions maze.

BW is a crowd. GMAT Club is a community.

We ROCK!!!

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 1

[#permalink] 09 Aug 2007, 01:42

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 60 posts ]