GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 May 2019, 03:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What role do current students at B schools play in the selection/inter

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
What role do current students at B schools play in the selection/inter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 02:29
view process?

Also how weird would it be if I went to school with someone in undergrad (that I might not know too well but they remember me - ie different year) and they are there as well?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: What role do current students at B schools play in the selection/inter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 01:01
gabagolemafia wrote:
view process?

Also how weird would it be if I went to school with someone in undergrad (that I might not know too well but they remember me - ie different year) and they are there as well?

You mean current student's role in admission/selection process of prospective candidates? I don't think they are involved in any capacity. Alumni are for some schools but never heard of current students.

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: What role do current students at B schools play in the selection/inter  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 11:31
EduSimplified wrote:
gabagolemafia wrote:
view process?
Different schools have different approaches here. In some cases schools will use the current students for the interview process- to determine "fit" at the school. Usually in those cases the second year student has only the resume and they are not looking at the entire application. When I interviewed with Kellogg years ago, I believe I interviewed with a current student- although it was so long ago - ha!- that maybe it was an alum. But it was not an adcom member. Kellogg still uses students for this process where other schools such as UNC Kenan-Flagler use adcom and additional staff for interviewing. Wharton has students involved in evaluating the team based discussion. I would not really worry about who interviews you- I'd focus more on what my message is for the school and make sure I deliver my message. But don't worry about someone you knew in undergrad interviewing you. If they do, just focus on your key points. Here are some tips about what to be concerned with from our blog- where we have lots of great advice to share with you about the MBA admissions process: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... p-schools/ and also if you want a free consult with us please go to this link to sign up:
https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

You mean current student's role in admission/selection process of prospective candidates? I don't think they are involved in any capacity. Alumni are for some schools but never heard of current students.

Re: What role do current students at B schools play in the selection/inter   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2017, 11:31

What role do current students at B schools play in the selection/inter

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap