Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:58 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72901 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4099 [0]
Given Kudos: 242
Concentration: Sustainability, Marketing
GMAT Focus 1:
545 Q79 V79 DI73
GPA: 4
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4656 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: What to do about my prep [#permalink]
Expert Reply
hammerfury wrote:
­Ideally, I'd love to have a 695+ GMAT. Unfortunately, I'm a bit off the mark, and wondering about path forward. My last official mock was a 655. I was originally targeting to take the exam in a week, and I think a 665-675 is possible with a strong final week. I'm pretty burnt studying (off and on for the past year, with a pretty gnarly push these past 3 months) and work is about to get pretty demanding. However, I'm second guessing and wondering if I need to hold out for a 695+.

­Hi hammerfury,

I think taking the GMAT at this stage would be a good idea. 655 is a great score, and we don't know just how easy it'll be to prep once work gets "pretty demanding". I would suggest though, that you rest up before your test, especially if you're feeling burnt out.

There's no need to let go of the 695+ target either (retake after some time/prep, if necessary).­
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Quote:
My last official mock was a 655. I was originally targeting to take the exam in a week, and I think a 665-675 is possible with a strong final week. I'm pretty burnt studying (off and on for the past year, with a pretty gnarly push these past 3 months) and work is about to get pretty demanding.

Including/mentioning the section scores of the mocks could be helpful. One thing you could consider is taking the test in a week and, later on, deciding whether to restart your prep to go for a 695+. In a sense, if you get a 675, that score would remain "in the bag" just in case.
GMAT Club Bot