GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2019, 06:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

When are new GMAT official tests availble?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
When are new GMAT official tests availble?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 20:02
I have tried to search for the answer of this quesion for a very long time but could not find anything. My question is are the GMAT official tests ever refreshed in the sense that there are, new tests available on the website or once you have bought the 6 available tests and attempted them there will be no more new tests available for you and the best thing you can do is re-attempt the GMAT free tests . Also, if the official tests are refreshed/chnaged every year when does it happen?
RC Moderator
V
GMAT 1: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: When are new GMAT official tests availble?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 21:25
Hello smrishar ... welcome to the community.

As far as my knowledge goes ... they donot get refreshed / replaced.

There are 3 Q-pools : one for exam 1&2, another for exam 3&4 and the last one for exam 5&6. The first pool having the most number of Qs.Saying that ..... unless there is huge difference ( say ~200) in the ability level of the user taking the tests for a second time( using user 'reset' option ...... you are bound to see repeat questions throughout the attempt.

Hope this helps!!
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 21:38
smrishar wrote:
I have tried to search for the answer of this quesion for a very long time but could not find anything. My question is are the GMAT official tests ever refreshed in the sense that there are, new tests available on the website or once you have bought the 6 available tests and attempted them there will be no more new tests available for you and the best thing you can do is re-attempt the GMAT free tests . Also, if the official tests are refreshed/chnaged every year when does it happen?
I'd like to think that the exam packs bring in a reasonable amount of money for the GMAC, and that they have some incentive to create more, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The GMAC probably thinks that 6 practice tests are enough for most test takers, and they don't particularly like releasing too many questions.

1. New tests are released only occasionally. The first exam pack came out late 2013, and the second released early 2016. Does that mean that it's now time for exam pack 3? Who knows :)
2. The free GMATPreps have not been changed in more that a decade now, at least not in any way that you'd like (apart from platform, structure, and maybe removing any overlap in questions).

In short, don't count on any new tests coming out anytime soon if you're thinking about planning your prep.
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 22:55
Hi smrishar,

The most realistic CATs available are the 6 from GMAC (the 2 free CATs, and each of the 2 that come with Exam Pack 1 and Exam Pack 2), but retaking a CAT that you've already taken is NOT a realistic way to assess your skills. Seeing even a few 'repeat' questions can 'throw off' the Scoring Algorithm and impact your pacing, energy levels, fatigue, etc. (meaning that they would likely all appear to be better than they normally would be). Thankfully, the CATs from Kaplan, MGMAT and Veritas are all 'close enough' to the real thing that they will provide you with a relatively realistic score assessment (assuming that you use the CAT correctly).

While you might be tempted to take lots of practice CATs, it's important to remember that each CAT is really a 'measuring device' - when used correctly, it will give you a realistic score and help define your strengths and weaknesses, but it will NOT help you to fix any of those weaknesses. To raise your scores, you have to learn the necessary Tactics and put in the proper practice and repetitions. The CAT will show you whether your studies are helping you to improve or not.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

The Course Used By GMAT Club Moderators To Earn 750+

souvik101990 Score: 760 Q50 V42 ★★★★★
ENGRTOMBA2018 Score: 750 Q49 V44 ★★★★★
Target Test Prep Representative
D
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 18:32
I agree -- I would not count on any new tests being released any time soon. That said, are you just beginning your GMAT prep? What is your score goal?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 07:56
As far as I know, Yeah the GMAT official tests dont get refreshed. Use them sparingly and wisely. Trying mixing them up with other resources like Manhattan, GMAT club tests etc. so this isnt the only source you are relying on. Establishing in terms of building your ability to take tests and also building your stamina.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: When are new GMAT official tests availble?   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2019, 07:56

When are new GMAT official tests availble?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: souvonik2k