GMAT Changed on April 16th - Read about the latest changes here

It is currently 26 Apr 2018, 10:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

When do I get GMAT scores?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
When do I get GMAT scores? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 05:48
I have to apply for a program(not a B school) based on GMAT scores. The application process requires a valid GMAT score. I am planning to apply for the program on the last date of application and thus taking the GMAT a day before. Will I be able to see a valid GMAT score immediately after I complete the test? I have heard that an unofficial score is displayed. Can I guess my official score based on that? Is it possible- that I quote a score in my application form and when I get the actual scores later, it's in the same range of precision (+-)10?
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: When do I get GMAT scores? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 06:31
madhav11223344 wrote:
I have to apply for a program(not a B school) based on GMAT scores. The application process requires a valid GMAT score. I am planning to apply for the program on the last date of application and thus taking the GMAT a day before. Will I be able to see a valid GMAT score immediately after I complete the test? I have heard that an unofficial score is displayed. Can I guess my official score based on that? Is it possible- that I quote a score in my application form and when I get the actual scores later, it's in the same range of precision (+-)10?

Hey madhav11223344 ,

Welcome to GMATClub :)

The score that you see on the unofficial score report is the same as what you will see in the official score report. So, whatever score you will get post your exam will be the same in the official report.

All the best :)

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

How to use this forum in THE BEST way?

New --> How ApplicantLab made me reach my 10 years long MBA dream?

Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 09:11
After you complete your test, the computer screen will show your unofficial verbal, unofficial quantitative, and unofficial integrated reasoning scores, as well as your unofficial total score. You will also see your unofficial percentile ranking for each section.

What is an unofficial score? Well, every student who takes the GMAT takes a slightly different version of the test, depending on where and when they take it. Your GMAT score and percentile for each section is compared with other students who are taking the same test. Sometimes, you may take a slightly more difficult or slightly easier version of the test. The unofficial score gives a snapshot of how you performed based to other test takers.

However, the unofficial score doesn’t take into account whether your version of the test was slightly easier or more difficult than a different version. Your official scores are double-checked against other test takers to ensure that every test is weighted according to its difficulty. It’s very rare, however, for there to be a difference between unofficial and official scores. If there’s any difference, it’s usually only a few points.

You can find more here: https://www.prepscholar.com/gmat/blog/h ... at-scores/

本当のライバルは昨日までの自分

VP
VP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 21:06
Akela wrote:
What is an unofficial score? Well, every student who takes the GMAT takes a slightly different version of the test, depending on where and when they take it. Your GMAT score and percentile for each section is compared with other students who are taking the same test. Sometimes, you may take a slightly more difficult or slightly easier version of the test. The unofficial score gives a snapshot of how you performed based to other test takers.

However, the unofficial score doesn’t take into account whether your version of the test was slightly easier or more difficult than a different version. Your official scores are double-checked against other test takers to ensure that every test is weighted according to its difficulty. It’s very rare, however, for there to be a difference between unofficial and official scores. If there’s any difference, it’s usually only a few points.

You can find more here: https://www.prepscholar.com/gmat/blog/h ... at-scores/
Although I agree that unofficial and official scores differ only very rarely, I think that website hasn't got the bit about differences in test difficulty right. What they're talking about is equating, and I'd be very surprised if the GMAT did not ensure that scores are comparable before generating unofficial scores.

Ascore Prep | Bangalore

Re: When do I get GMAT scores?   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2017, 21:06

When do I get GMAT scores?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap