Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 18:35 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 18:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 366 [0]
Given Kudos: 748
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72904 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: When do I register for my GMAT? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
khushalkhans wrote:
Hey guys so I am planning to give the GMAT sometime early in December, when do I register and pay the fee for my exam in this case? I remember when I had to register for my O and A Levels the registration had to be done 4-5 months before the exam months and when I was registering for the SAT there were no available seats. I am planning to give the exam online from Pakistan btw. When would be a good time to register?

It does not matter a whole lot.
I would say register when you are close to being ready. Even if the worst case scenario happens and all seats are booked, you can always take the GMAT online.

More than often I see people failing to meet their timeline (I suggest studying for 3-4 months total by the way) so people need to shift and it costs A LOT to reschedule the GMAT, so my suggestion, is book it a few weeks out. You can always check the system and check for the seats in case they start filling up by the end of the year when people are tying to take GMAT/SAT/GRE. There may be a busy time - that's definitely possible but I would not do it this far out
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22071 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
HI khushalkhans,

If you know the exact date of when you want to take the GMAT, I suggest signing up sooner rather than later, so you can guarantee an open seat for your exam.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi khushalkhans,

To start, you have given yourself lots of potential study time before a December Test Date - which is great! When it comes to scheduling an Official Test Date (whether at a Test Center or through the At-home option), you do not necessarily need a lot of lead-time - meaning that you could potentially schedule your Exam for tomorrow as long as a 'slot' was available and there were no issues with how you intended to pay for your Exam. With a Test Center, you do have to account for the fact that each facility has a limited number of computers (thus, it has a limited number of potential Test-Takers who could take their respective Exams at any given day or time. As such, to make sure that you take your Official GMAT at whatever time is best for YOU, it would probably be a good idea to book your appointment well in advance of when you plan to take the Exam.

Before I can offer you any additional advice for your studies, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How many hours do you typically study each week?
2) On what dates (or approximate dates) did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
3) What is your overall goal score?
4) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
GMAT Club Bot