GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2018, 18:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

When it’s too late to apply for MS Finance?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
When it’s too late to apply for MS Finance?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2018, 15:13
Hi everyone,

I’m currently applying for many MSF programmers in the UK.

This is my profile:

I’ve a BS in Statistics applied to Economics and Finance from “La Sapienza” University in Rome.

Final score of 110/110 cum laude (GPA 4/4).

I have some non finance-related work experiences and a IELTS 7.5. I’m a native Italian speaker but I also have a good level of French.

Good knowledge of the following software programs: R,SAS,Stata, Excel and Python.

Hoping to score something close to 700 at GMAT but I’m still studing. Probably doing it in late February/early March.

These are the universities I Would like to apply for:

LSE, Imperial, LBS, UCL, Warwick, Bocconi.

I noticed that many of these have rolling application processes. Do you think March would be too late to apply?

I’m worried that if I do the GMAT now I would score 650 or something close.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!
Board of Directors
P
Re: When it’s too late to apply for MS Finance?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2018, 15:42
Top Contributor
Simon95 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I’m currently applying for many MSF programmers in the UK.

This is my profile:

I’ve a BS in Statistics applied to Economics and Finance from “La Sapienza” University in Rome.

Final score of 110/110 cum laude (GPA 4/4).

I have some non finance-related work experiences and a IELTS 7.5. I’m a native Italian speaker but I also have a good level of French.

Good knowledge of the following software programs: R,SAS,Stata, Excel and Python.

Hoping to score something close to 700 at GMAT but I’m still studing. Probably doing it in late February/early March.

These are the universities I Would like to apply for:

LSE, Imperial, LBS, UCL, Warwick, Bocconi.

I noticed that many of these have rolling application processes. Do you think March would be too late to apply?

I’m worried that if I do the GMAT now I would score 650 or something close.

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

if the adcom started to rolling out the candidates and move on I think is to late. At most write an email. They, in general, reply at the institute you are looking for.

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS AND RESOURCES
Quant: 1. ALL GMATPrep questions Quant/Verbal 2. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 3. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 4. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version 5. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Quant Videos
Verbal:1. Verbal question bank and directories by Carcass 2. MGMAT Study Hall Thursdays with Ron Verbal Videos 3. Critical Reasoning_Oldy but goldy question banks 4. Sentence Correction_Oldy but goldy question banks 5. Reading-comprehension_Oldy but goldy question banks

Director
Director
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2018, 17:39
Rolling admissions can either be great or tough. All depends on the quality of the applicant class they have had already, the conversion ratio between admitted and accepted and how strong your profile is.

Your issue really is if you wait and score too low, you will be in a bad place. If you test early and score low, you will not be competitive. BUT, you will have a shot to take it again.

IMO, I would schedule the GMAT in time to apply to most of those schools last rounds. Your GPA is great. Love the programming. Taking the GMAT in time to have the option to take it again is smart since the test is pretty unique and all the books out there aren't the same thing as sitting at a testing center, putting on the headset and going through the motions. If you can afford the fee to take it twice, I strongly recommend you give yourself the option to take it again.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2018, 02:28
Hey there,

If your targeting UK Schools, the best ones would be Imperial, LBS and LSE.
But being highly competitive schools, these schools generally look for some background in finance.
Being an Italian, Bocconi would be tough.
Warwick would be the easiest of the lot, and UCL is achievable as well.

GMAT will play a big role in all of your applications.
But since many of these programs have rolling applications, seats would be filled out on a first-come-first-serve basis.
I would suggest that you start working on your application in parallel with your GMAT preparation, so that you don’t lose out on too much time.

As far as your profile goes, your academics look great.
You have not mentioned a lot about your extracurriculars and work experience.
With more details, we can give you a realistic idea about your chances in your target schools.

We have helped a lot of Italian MFin applicants get into LSE.
To know how we can help you visit our Masters in Finance page here:
http://www.mim-essay.com/masters-finance-essay-editing/

Abhyank Srinet
Founder at http://www.MiM-Essay.com

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

Get consultation from graduates of HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, LBS & Duke

Feel free to message me, if you have any MiM/MSc. related questions or want a detailed Free profile evaluation

Intern
Intern
When it’s too late to apply for MS Finance?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2018, 01:27
Thank you for the answers!

I should receive an offer for MSc Investment & Wealth Management programme at Imperial College.

Do you have any info about this master's?

I'd like to work in the buy side and the courses look great but I'm not sure the programme has the same reputation of a MSc Finance.

Any help would be appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
When it’s too late to apply for MS Finance? &nbs [#permalink] 06 Apr 2018, 01:27

When it’s too late to apply for MS Finance?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap