Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Jones '15 (I)
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Re: Where do I stand in Quant? [#permalink]
priyank24 wrote:
thanks for the reply. A higher percentage of those answers were after 100. I was checking the answers and I can see that in a lot of those answers I am kind of jumping the gun and saying that they neither A nor B are not sufficient.
I gave a gmat prep test right now and have completed the math and to try and be better at DS i was giving it more time which ultimately resulted in me randomly clicking the last 5. I guess I have a lot of work ahead. Just not sure how to work on it from here.

As for the Verbal, I had 28Wrong out of the 140 in SC and 15 wrong out of 95 in CR. I am not going to spend too much time on the RC other than OG12 and verbal reviews and will do it once towards the end.

Any suggestions on how I should move forward from here?

Have you seen the flow chart in OG 12 for solving DS problems. You need to internalize that process.
You need to pick topic master it and move to another while keep revising the first. See the link below for details.

https://www.urch.com/forums/just-finishe ... post152529
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [1]
Kudos
priyank24 wrote:
I can see that in a lot of those answers I am kind of jumping the gun and saying that they neither A nor B are not sufficient.

You're falling for traps. These were tricky for me too. In my opinion, the GMATClub tests are the best DS preparation available. Those DS questions are frustrating and very tricky, but they (painfully) teach you what to look out for.

priyank24 wrote:
I gave a gmat prep test right now and have completed the math and to try and be better at DS i was giving it more time which ultimately resulted in me randomly clicking the last 5.

Just to clarify, but did you not take the full exam in one sitting? As for timing, that will improve overtime. Just time yourself for each practice question. If you take longer than two minutes, mark it as incorrect (but finish it!).

priyank24 wrote:
As for the Verbal, I had 28Wrong out of the 140 in SC and 15 wrong out of 95 in CR. I am not going to spend too much time on the RC other than OG12 and verbal reviews and will do it once towards the end.

Is there a reason why you are placing less emphasis on RC? Hopefully, it's because you perform well on it. If not, be careful. It's important not to assume anything about the GMAT. Be active about your studies.

An 80 percent on SC is decent, but you can probably improve. Make sure to reread any SC guidebooks and fully review every SC explanation - even for the ones that you answer correctly. An 84 percent for CR is, again, decent. As for SC, review OG explanations and make sure to read a guidebook on CR if you haven't done so already. The main concern for this section is that the verbal questions found in the OG are easier than the ones that you will see on the test.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AbhiJ... thanks for the response. that link was pretty awesome... Didnt know of people gettin 790 and 800 :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bmillan01.. Thanks for the response. I am going to try and access the free tests on the 28th. hopefully I get enough time to work on them considering I'm going to be with my family.
I had done a lot of RCs for GRE before and feel its the hardest section to improve on drastically. I want to crack SC and am working on the CR bible which should also help me on my RC in the long run.

Any suggestions on IR?

thanks,
Priyank
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1123 [0]
priyank24 wrote: