It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 11:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Where should I go? Mendoza, Booth, Fuqua, or Kellogg

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Where should I go? Mendoza, Booth, Fuqua, or Kellogg [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2017, 10:49
Hi, I've been a long-time lurker and have just gone through the application process. I was admitted to the 1 year programs at Mendoza and Kellogg E/W accelerated track, as well as the 1.5 year evening MBA programs at Booth and Fuqua. My goal is to finish as soon as possible as I want to go back to med school and finishing in a year is much more preferable to finishing in 2 years. That said, my long term goals are in entrepreneurship, and I want to be able to have a good brand behind me for my future endeavors--wherever they may take me. My prework experience involves bio/pharma work as well as running my own (successful) startup.

Just to be clear, I definitely won't be doing recruiting for any consulting/finance jobs since I'm finishing my medical degree and then doing residency with my ecommerce startup on the side, so I don't know how well the ranks are in terms of quality. I will say that I did not feel I fit in at either Notre Dame or Duke, but I felt like I was at home at Booth. My hesitation is their academic reputation as being hard in terms of grading--I need to maintain good grades (A- or better) as my parents are paying for my degree. I'm also worried about cost of living, because while I have generous parents, Notre Dame is the cheapest school of the 4 and they have very affordable housing on campus.

Any guidance from people who have more knowledge and wisdom than me would be much appreciated. As everyone in my immediate family is in law and medicine, and all my friends are in either law school or journalism school, I don't really know what is my best option.

Intern
Intern

Re: Where should I go? Mendoza, Booth, Fuqua, or Kellogg [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2017, 01:24
BUMP

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 867 [0], given: 602

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2017, 02:02
Tough.
Tough choice.

You are in a great position.
Cannot go wrong with any of them.
Except Mendoza(ND).

Though Mendoza's parent organisation (ND) is a huge brand in itself, in terms of MBA-branding Booth,Kellogg and Fuqua are miles ahead of Mendoza.
Mendoza isn't in the same bracket as them.

Your Quote ->I will say that I did not feel I fit in at either Notre Dame or Duke, but I felt like I was at home at Booth

Since you did not feel the fit => Cross off Fuqua.
MBA is a huge investment.You want to be at a place you feel you fit in.

That narrows it down to Kellogg and Booth.
Both have a tremendous reputation.

The decision should depend on how you feel about Kellogg.
If you don't feel you fit in.
Go for Booth.
Else if you get the vibes at Kellogg-> Tap that offer.

You can also leverage admit letters from the other schools for a scholarship negotiation.

Regards
Stone Cold

Give me a hell yeah ...!!!!!

Kudos [?]: 867 [0], given: 602

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2017, 18:06
It's between Kellogg and Booth. The 1Y program at Kellogg is tremendous and you will be with the best and brightest at Kellogg. You seem to have a strong affinity towards Booth so I would suggest you go there otherwise it's Kellogg to me if this was a blind recc

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 11:11
Also look at big picture (University Brand). Neither Kellogg nor Booth have a university brand as big as Duke.

I attended Stanford and so it great. Kellogg (Northwestern University) overall brand sucks and Booth (U Chicago) is good.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 130

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 20:11
JohnMcGill wrote:
Also look at big picture (University Brand). Neither Kellogg nor Booth have a university brand as big as Duke.

Lol. Wuuut?

JohnMcGill wrote:
Kellogg (Northwestern University) overall brand sucks

Lol. Wuuut?

Kellogg is an M7 program mate. It's fine to be a Duke homer--even if you didn't go there--but I'd tone down all the bashing of other schools, it's pretty ridiculous.

Kudos [?]: 124 [0], given: 130

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2017, 05:16
teleste wrote:
JohnMcGill wrote:

Lol. Wuuut?

JohnMcGill wrote:
Kellogg (Northwestern University) overall brand sucks

Lol. Wuuut?

Kellogg is an M7 program mate. It's fine to be a Duke homer--even if you didn't go there--but I'd tone down all the bashing of other schools, it's pretty ridiculous.

Just a little caveat on this JohnMcGill guy. He joined the club 3 weeks ago, although according to him he finished his MBA already.

He is a Stanford grad, but he only posted a handful of times, all in Duke vs. some school question, of course in favor of Duke.

Just a troll. Cheers!

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 7

Re: Where should I go? Mendoza, Booth, Fuqua, or Kellogg   [#permalink] 02 Oct 2017, 05:16

Where should I go? Mendoza, Booth, Fuqua, or Kellogg

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap