Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT Date: 07-25-2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: Where to apply [#permalink]
Hi,

Candidates aren't satisfied till they achieve 800 score!!

You have pretty decent scores to apply in top b-schools globally. Rather than focusing on GMAT preparations, I would suggest you to concentrate on application essays and interviews which are integral elements in b-school selection. You need to showcase some good stories on team work, leadership, achievements in or outside work place and other aptitudes. You must stay focus on short/long term goals and post-MBA career. Prepare yourself to answer that how MBA from ABC school will help you to achieve your goals.

You may try your chance sin b-schools by clicking https://www.general-ed.com/bschool-selector

Feel free to post any other concern you might have or PM your details to have a detail discussion on your profile and selection of b-schools.

Cheers!!
Neha

Scorpserp wrote:
Hi

I am a 23 yr old girl from India .

My GMAT score is 720 and AWA 5.2
I am retaking GMAT this July to improve on my score.

I graduated in 2011 with BTech in Comp. Sci. GPA 3.4 from avg university.
I have 17 months work ex from Infosys Limited. (Awarded best Employee)

My Long term goals are to have my own business.
I am currently working on my own business venture. A commercial utilization of renewable energy . I even started a Renewable Energy Club in College
I have worked for an Interior decoration firm during college time where my role was to go to local handicrafts and furniture shops to select furniture and bargain good deals on it. (Should i mention this anywhere in my application as its neither related to my work exp field nor to my business plans)

I have been involved in organizing college activities. Been on school and college athletics Team. Been involved in NGO for providing medical facilities to Rural ppl for last 5 yrs. Been the school Head Girl.

I want to take an MBA degree to realize my business dreams. I plan to apply for fall 2014 session.

I need help as to which schools i should target?? Or should i gain more work exp.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

What are your big dreams? You should focus on long term goals and then apply to b-schools. This is very common question which most of the b-school adcoms seek for. Rather than writing GMAT again, I would suggest to strengthen your profile by heading a team and awards/achievements at work place. You may gauge your chances in business schools on https://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for school selection and discussion in length.

Regards
Erina
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts