GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 04:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Which is a better grad school for MS Finance (corporate)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V26
GPA: 3.53
Which is a better grad school for MS Finance (corporate)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2017, 15:44
Hi,
I wanted to know which is better grad school in terms of location and post graduation salary for Master in Finance (Corporate) that offers it under STEM among Rutgers, Stevens, Depaul, Fordham, Syracuse (Whitman), University of Cincinnati and UC Riverside. Thanks
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
S
Re: Which is a better grad school for MS Finance (corporate) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2017, 14:00
I would probably pick Fordham or Rutgers. Both will give you good proximity to NYC and both will have a lot of alumni and name recognition in NYC and the surrounding areas. Maybe Syracuse after those three, but the schools is pretty far from NYC and you'll have to bus into the city and bus back (unless you have somewhere to stay. Rutgers and Fordham would make it pretty easy to get in and out of NYC cheaply and within a day.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 05:29
Thank you so much for your reply.

How about Stevens Institute of Technology? It is quite close to NYC as well but I am not sure about its MS Finance program. On some website Stevens shows better pay package after graduation than Rutgers. Can you please throw some light on Stevens MSF program and placement opportunities?
Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2017, 15:13
neelam27 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply.

How about Stevens Institute of Technology? It is quite close to NYC as well but I am not sure about its MS Finance program. On some website Stevens shows better pay package after graduation than Rutgers. Can you please throw some light on Stevens MSF program and placement opportunities?

I don't know. I have heard of SIT, but I don't think their MSF is very good. Nor do I think they have a ton of alumni on the street. If you love the program and the price is right, I guess so. Otherwise I would go with the other schools.

Master in Finance HQ

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 14:40
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I have received an admit from Stevens, Rutgers and expecting an admit from Fordham as well. I have just handful of days to reply to Rutgers about my decision. Rutgers Master of Science in Financial Analysis (MFinA) program costs $76000 (Stevens is $57000) and they have mentioned on their website that no scholarship is available for MFinA program. There is no disclosure about the average start salary after graduation for these schools.
I am confused about which one to choose. Which school and program will offer a better post-graduation salary? Kindly help
Expert Post
Director
Director
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2018, 14:05
Here is my opinion so please take it with a grain of salt. Rutgers seems like the better brand, with more alumni on Wall Street. Stevens seems like a quality education and much cheaper. You will have to largely take your career in your own hands from both programs.

I'd do a linkedin search and see if Stevens has a decent number of alumni at various firms in roles you want to target. If you can find a good amount of them, then the cost savings might be worth it. Both are in north Jersey and you can easily and cheaply get into NYC from both locations. The cost savings are not insignificant either.

Me, as an American, I would probably go with Rutgers. BUT, Stevens might be the better option for you.

Have you posed this question on Quantnet? The posters over there can answer this with more precision than I can.

Master in Finance HQ

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2018, 13:49
hi there, did you receive a response from the ms finance program at stevens institute? if you did, how long did it take them to give a decision after you've submitted your application? thank you.
Re: Which is a better grad school for MS Finance (corporate)   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2018, 13:49

Which is a better grad school for MS Finance (corporate)

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap