GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 22 Feb 2020, 00:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Which schools to Prioritize + Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Operations
Which schools to Prioritize + Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2013, 03:45
Hi all!
Foremost I would like to thank all the GMATClub community for creating such a vibrant community with endless valuable information. I utilized this forum during my GMAT preparation and now I need some help regarding my chances in an MBA program in US.
I feel really lost, since I am extremely eager to enroll in an MBA program given a few restrictions, and practically there is no one around to guide me.
I would like to briefly introduce myself:

-Industrial Eng. from reputable Tech.Uni in Turkey (GPA 3.44)
-Study abroad with 11 courses in "one" semester - Vienna Tech. (GPA 3.5)
-Work Exp: 1 year internship in Mercedes-Benz (Supply Chain); 10 months in a large conglomerate, reporting to the CEO (handled significant projects); currently 2 months into my finance post in Siemens (Here is one area I need immediate advise :) )
-Considerable non-profit work in global youth organizations, -2 Publications in journals
-720 GMAT (Q50,V37)
-TOEFL IBT 109

Given my background, I would like to list a couple of bus-school options in which I may be granted full/partial scholarship via merit or GA/TA.
I will most probably hear that I do not have enough post-grad w.exp, by the time of program start I will have 2 years full time w.exp.

The main things I should actually clear in my mind are that I will possibly cannot afford a top 10-15 b.school, hence I will be applying to schools who won't automatically reject me due to inadequate work exp. and at the same time, provide me with enough funding.
I should also state that I am not looking forward to being recruited by IB;MC or PE. My goal is to work as an analyst in Cleantech/renew. energy.

I would really appreciate school suggestions and a brief profile evaluation. I have no clue where to start, and the international deadlines are approaching damn fast.
I sincerely appreciate your help and looking forward to receiving your kind suggestions except "work a couple more years" :-D

Cinarbe

EDIT
-----
My current list looks like:
Gatech, UCLA, UCSD, UC Irvine, Purdue etc (generally schools with strong engineering rankings)
Thanks again!!
GMAT Club Bot
Which schools to Prioritize + Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 26 Jul 2013, 03:45

Which schools to Prioritize + Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, teleste