GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 14:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free lesson on number properties

December 10, 2018

December 10, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Practice the one most important Quant section - Integer properties, and rapidly improve your skills.
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

December 11, 2018

December 11, 2018

09:00 PM EST

10:00 PM EST

Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics. December 11 at 9 PM EST.

Wiley Platform - Quan. Questions missing symbols

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Wiley Platform - Quan. Questions missing symbols  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 12:38
Hi everyone,

I have been using the Wiley Platform for my practices, and I noticed from time to time, the questions have missing symbols! I have found missing fractions, square roots, or even semi-colons (to separate 2 distinct conditions).

This frustrates me to no end since I do all my sets timed, and I end up wasting time try to solve something that didn't make sense - not to mention interfering with how I interpret/analyze the results. From the set I did just now, I missed 5/7 questions for this stupid reason! Not surprisingly, my verbal set's performance also suffered from all that emotion.

Has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix this? I don't know if it's relevant, but I am currently using Chrome.
Intern
Intern
B
Wiley Platform - Quan. Questions missing symbols  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2018, 12:50
Not sure what happened - I was able to submit a complaint so I re-login to the platform to take some snapshots, but then all the symbols are back!! What a day.

*Update* Nevermind, they vanished again.
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge
Re: Wiley Platform - Quan. Questions missing symbols  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2018, 08:07
Hi kuja,

Can you post some screenshots?

Non progredi est regredi

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2018, 14:37
Akela wrote:
Hi kuja,

Can you post some screenshots?

Hi Akela,

Please see below some examples. I noticed when the symbols work properly, their font is darker and larger than the rest. Thanks for looking into this!

Missing semi-colon?

Missing fraction

Missing sqrt
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2018, 07:51
Hi kuja,

That's weird because it works fine on my computer. Is your Chrome browser up-to-date? If a current version of Chrome doesn't work, try to use Firefox or Explorer.

Here are the the technical requirements for the online GMAT® Official Prep platform

• Mac OSX 10.7+: the latest version of Safari, Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer
• Windows 8+: the latest version of Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer
• iPhone, iPad 2, iPad 3/Air, or iPad Mini with IOS 9+: the latest version of Safari
• Android tablet or phone with OS 4.3+: the latest version of Chrome
• Windows 8 tablet: the latest version of IE

Ideal Screen Resolution: 1600x900 (browser window can be zoomed in and out for preferred view)

System Requirements
• 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
• 512MB of RAM (1GB or higher recommended)

Note: the GMAT® Official Practice Questions and Practice Exams available on the platform may not function as intended if you are not using any of the browsers listed above and/or if your system does not meet the requirements listed above.

Hope this will resolve your problem. If not, I guess the best thing is to contact support:

For assistance with GMAT® Official Prep (GMAT® Official Starter Kit + Practice Exams 1 & 2, GMAT® Official Practice Questions, or GMAT® Official Practice Exams):

Email: gmatprep@mba.com
Phone (available 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. U.S. Eastern time)
+1 (703) 668-9602

Hope this helps!

Non progredi est regredi

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2018, 16:54
Hi Akela,

Thanks for looking into this.

Just to clarify, this issue is from the Wiley Efficient Learning Platform (https://www.efficientlearning.com/login/) where the online versions of the OG, QR and VR questions are hosted, and not the GMAT® Official Prep (https://gmatofficialprep.mba.com/SarasExamPrep#/login). I haven't explore that just yet and definitely hope it doesn't have the same issue.

I do have the latest version of Chrome, and I just used Microsoft Edge to check - still missing symbols!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 19:43
Hey guys,

I'm experiencing the same issue as well! Does anyone know if there was any resolution from Wiley? I am using the latest version of chrome - not sure if there is any compatibility issue.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 19:56
Odd. Can you post some examples of what things your system is missing? A screenshot or two perhaps with a short description?

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2018, 21:45
So as soon as I finished a quiz, I could see the symbols again in the review section and what not. I'll get a screenshot if this happens again.

What I noticed was the missing "/" signs or the sqrt signs, for example, a 2/5 would appear as a 25
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2018, 17:40
Just happened to me on. Made me feel really bad cause it was just addition and subtraction (I thought) and I got it wrong. Turns out there was multiplication and division in there too...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 07:01
Hi everyone,

Wiley never quite got back to me on this issue, but I found that having very stable internet seems to make this less likely to happen - try using landline instead of WiFi and see if it helps.
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2018, 11:37
Hi hopeMBA321,

Have you reached out to GMAC to report the issue?

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Wiley Platform - Quan. Questions missing symbols &nbs [#permalink] 19 Aug 2018, 11:37

Wiley Platform - Quan. Questions missing symbols

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap