Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64918 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 225 [0]
Given Kudos: 608
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Work Experience Certificate- not present [#permalink]
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
rdxrules wrote:
I do not have the Job experience certificate from my previous employer, where I worked for almost 21 months. I am working for my present employer for almost 3 years. I need help in filling up my Job experience details with GMAC :

1)Should I omit or include my job experience with the previous employer?
2) If I include the 21 months job experience, I must provide which documents for validity of my experience?(I have payslips and joining letter,etc )

Thank you

Request your previous employer's HR to provide you the experience certificate. They should have no problem in providing you one. GMAC doesn't need any certificates. The schools might require you to furnish proof of things you mention in your application at the time of submission or after they offer you admission so you don't need the certificate immediately.

Your joining letter and payslips may also serve the purpose. If the school insists, you can get the experience certificate later on but best would be to ask your employer for it right away so that you don't have to run around for it later, just in case.

Thank You karishma for your informative reply. But, If my previous employer denies to give me the certificate, what should i do ?
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
KS15 wrote:
rdxrules wrote:
I do not have the Job experience certificate from my previous employer, where I worked for almost 21 months. I am working for my present employer for almost 3 years. I need help in filling up my Job experience details with GMAC :

2) If I include the 21 months job experience, I must provide which documents for validity of my experience?(I have payslips and joining letter,etc )

Thank you

Request your previous employer's HR to provide you the experience certificate. They should have no problem in providing you one. GMAC doesn't need any certificates. The schools might require you to furnish proof of things you mention in your application at the time of submission or after they offer you admission so you don't need the certificate immediately.

Your joining letter and payslips may also serve the purpose. If the school insists, you can get the experience certificate later on but best would be to ask your employer for it right away so that you don't have to run around for it later, just in case.

Hi Karishma,

I have work experience of 5 years-But I am not able to find time to study with a full time job. Will top schools US schools consider me if I stop working for some time to study?

Quitting your job to study for GMAT is a bad idea - it leads to complications. Schools do not consider time spent studying for GMAT as fruitful. You are expected to do it along with your job. If you are getting no time to study, take a month off if possible and complete the full curriculum in that time. Thereafter, you will just need to practice a bit regularly and take full length tests. That you can manage with the job - an hour everyday in the morning and more over the weekend...
Tutor
Send PM
Expert Reply
rdxrules wrote:
rdxrules wrote:

Thank you

Thank You karishma for your informative reply. But, If my previous employer denies to give me the certificate, what should i do ?

There is no reason why an employer may refuse to give you work-ex certificate but even if he does, your joining letter and payslips might be enough. You will need to check with the adcom of the concerned school - they are not as inflexible as we assume.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 677
Send PM
Dear All

Now, I am requesting a Working experience certificate from my employer.

Actually i worked for 5 months now i am doing MBA forms and i mention my work experience but i don't know the format of that letter pls someone give me the proper format.

Beside, what should information of certificate include? (Job title; time; and contribution or promotion)..

i am very thankful if someone help me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hello. first of all thanks for your posts .. i need to know how can i easily get work ,, and be as experienced as you are .. and can i get certificate .. _ ?? thanks in advance __
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Star01 wrote:
hello. first of all thanks for your posts .. i need to know how can i easily get work ,, and be as experienced as you are .. and can i get certificate .. _ ?? thanks in advance __

Apply for the job openings in your region! Look for online job databases or start your new company!

Please give kudos, help me unlock Gmatclub tests. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 322 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.94
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Mrtinhnv wrote:
Dear All

Now, I am requesting a Working experience certificate from my employer.

Actually i worked for 5 months now i am doing MBA forms and i mention my work experience but i don't know the format of that letter pls someone give me the proper format.

Beside, what should information of certificate include? (Job title; time; and contribution or promotion)..

i am very thankful if someone help me.

There is no particular format work expereience certificate. The format is contingent upon your employer's wish, but it must contain your name, job title or position, job duration, and the departments in which you have worked.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
mkrishnabdrr wrote:
Star01 wrote:

Apply for the job openings in your region! Look for online job databases or start your new company!

thanks for reply
GMAT Club Bot