Last visit was: 09 May 2024, 10:41 It is currently 09 May 2024, 10:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 06-13-2012
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Own Kudos [?]: 1124 [1]
Given Kudos: 432
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
SVP
SVP
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Working with OG [#permalink]
Hey bmillan,

thanks for the reply which was really helpful. I think I'll go with the way you suggested and do all the og questions mentioned in each chapter in the mgmat books. I still have 1 1/2month till the test, so we'll see how that goes time-wise!

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2727 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi bmillan01

can you tell me best source for practicing verbal and quant as i already completed my mgmat guides and og. I posted my concern regarding this so many times but nobody replied. Can you help me.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1124 [0]
TomB,

If your math skills are in the 40-plus range, look into the GMATClub tests. For verbal, LSAT sources for LR (CR) and RC are pretty reliable. For SC, however, OG material is still the best source. There should be enough practice questions on the verbal forums to keep you busy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2727 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thank you very much for your insights. really helpful for me
Intern
Intern
Send PM
one more thing: i just re-checked the 3 month study plan thread and found this info:

"After you are done with the math section - start taking the math portion of the tests you have.
Evaluate results and decided if you need to spend more time in Math and patch up certain weak areas or move on to Verbal. This decision will be based on your target GMAT score. If you are looking for high 600's and 700's, I would not move past Quant unless I was able to score around Q44 (again Kaplan tests excluded as they are much harder)"

So after completing all the OG quant questions mentioned in the MGMAT books I'm just doing the math portions of the CAT's? Or does it make more sense to do verbal OG after quant OG is done AND THEN do full length tests after?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm getting a little nervous right now seeing the time flying by (my test is in 6 weeks, May 07th)

Thanks,

Andreas
SVP
SVP
Kudos
andih wrote:
So after completing all the OG quant questions mentioned in the MGMAT books I'm just doing the math portions of the CAT's? Or does it make more sense to do verbal OG after quant OG is done AND THEN do full length tests after?

For sure, it's much better to make the practice tests as realistic as possible. So take full-length tests (with AWA) under timed conditions. Anything else defeats the purpose of the practice tests.

As for your study plan, do whatever fits your needs. Whether verbal or math comes first in your schedule is a matter of personal preference. I personally studied both sections at the same time.

andih wrote:
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm getting a little nervous right now seeing the time flying by (my test is in 6 weeks, May 07th)

While its' perfectly natural to be a bit nervous, please don't let this distract you from your goals. If you're very nervous all the time, then you're not in control. :wink:
GMAT Club Bot