GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 00:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
272829303112
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
242526272812
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
INSEAD Thread Master
User avatar
D
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 1859
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 13:42
1
I am so sorry to see you were dinged after the interview. That sucks!! What is your plan, are you going to apply to other NYC area EMBA programs? Thanks for providing an interview debrief.

ricardodpm wrote:
It was good. Its basically two interviews one with an admissions team member and the other one with an alumni. You also have a group discussion. Then there is lunch and you can attend a class.

morigami wrote:
So, how did the interviews go?

_________________

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 43
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 18:36
1
What is the "group discussion"?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 21
Schools: Yale EMBA'21 (D)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 19:05
I am thinking about reapplying. I didn’t apply to any other programs. I ended up applying to just Yale because of the Commonwealth fellowship (I didn’t get an interview for that).

MBAPrepCoach wrote:
I am so sorry to see you were dinged after the interview. That sucks!! What is your plan, are you going to apply to other NYC area EMBA programs? Thanks for providing an interview debrief.

ricardodpm wrote:
It was good. Its basically two interviews one with an admissions team member and the other one with an alumni. You also have a group discussion. Then there is lunch and you can attend a class.

morigami wrote:
So, how did the interviews go?


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 21
Schools: Yale EMBA'21 (D)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 19:07
You get an article ahead of time and you discuss the article as a group.

inter wrote:
What is the "group discussion"?


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 06:49
Anyone that submitted in Round 2 get an interview request? I saw on their website they added an additional interview day (march 2nd).
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 43
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 07:40
Yes, I got for this weekend.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 21
Schools: Yale EMBA'21 (D)
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 07:42
inter wrote:
Yes, I got for this weekend.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 43
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 07:46
Thanks - looks like they changed schedule. Original deadline roadmap way saying "February 15-16". Now it is "February 16, March 2")
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 07:49
inter wrote:
Yes, I got for this weekend.


Congrats-- when did you receive notice to schedule the interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 43
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2019, 08:01
1
Yes, I got Email Feb 5th with registration link - only one date and time slot were available. Registered, and got a confirmation Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2019, 12:49
inter wrote:
Yes, I got Email Feb 5th with registration link - only one date and time slot were available. Registered, and got a confirmation Email


Has anyone received an invite for March 2nd?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 06:32
Any one get invited for the March 2nd?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2019, 07:06
EMBA1289 wrote:
inter wrote:
Yes, I got Email Feb 5th with registration link - only one date and time slot were available. Registered, and got a confirmation Email


Has anyone received an invite for March 2nd?


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 43
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 07:41
I had interview last Saturday. As mentioned above, there were two personal interviews - one is with admission committee representative and one is with alumni (second was a bit fast for my taste - too many question in a short period of time). The group discussion was with professor and admission committee member - watch video, has a short paragraph with summary/ It a sort of discussion where everybody has a chance to have a say, but professor leads and directs. No hard data - only opinions.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 10:08
1
inter wrote:
I had interview last Saturday. As mentioned above, there were two personal interviews - one is with admission committee representative and one is with alumni (second was a bit fast for my taste - too many question in a short period of time). The group discussion was with professor and admission committee member - watch video, has a short paragraph with summary/ It a sort of discussion where everybody has a chance to have a say, but professor leads and directs. No hard data - only opinions.


Thanks for this! In the group discussion, I'm assuming the others in the group were also prospective EMBA interviewees? If so, about how many applicants would you estimate were in the session?

Also, did you also attend a class afterwards or was that like an option?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2019
Posts: 10
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 10:17
EMBA1289
Did u get an interview for Match 2nd?
Are they still going to send more invites?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 43
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 10:29
2
EMBA1289 wrote:
inter wrote:
I had interview last Saturday. As mentioned above, there were two personal interviews - one is with admission committee representative and one is with alumni (second was a bit fast for my taste - too many question in a short period of time). The group discussion was with professor and admission committee member - watch video, has a short paragraph with summary/ It a sort of discussion where everybody has a chance to have a say, but professor leads and directs. No hard data - only opinions.


Thanks for this! In the group discussion, I'm assuming the others in the group were also prospective EMBA interviewees? If so, about how many applicants would you estimate were in the session?

Also, did you also attend a class afterwards or was that like an option?

Thanks

There were about 25 people in total - some traveled from Texas and California. There was a lunch with students and I have attended "Risk Management" class - left after first half.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 10:46
Hyz123 wrote:
EMBA1289
Did u get an interview for Match 2nd?
Are they still going to send more invites?

Posted from my mobile device


Nothing for me --yet. Based on when folks heard about the 16th, I'd expect to hear something by Wednesday of this week if they're still sending out invites for March 2nd (~10 days).

We shall see.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2019
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2019, 10:25
EMBA1289 wrote:
Hyz123 wrote:
EMBA1289
Did u get an interview for Match 2nd?
Are they still going to send more invites?

Posted from my mobile device


Nothing for me --yet. Based on when folks heard about the 16th, I'd expect to hear something by Wednesday of this week if they're still sending out invites for March 2nd (~10 days).

We shall see.


Anyone receive an invite for March 2nd?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2019, 10:25

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 39 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Yale SOM EMBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AUSJ



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.