It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 09:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

1 month to improve from V24 to target V36

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 149

Schools: HEC Montreal '21
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V37
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
1 month to improve from V24 to target V36 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2017, 13:36
Hi
I took gmat on 18 august and scored dismal 24 in verbal. I scored 47 in quant.
I have never ever in 13 mocks, 5 from kaplan, 6 from manhattan and 2 from gmatprep official test, scored below 30. My last mock was from gmatprep on 10th august in which i scored a decent 690, Q50 V33. I have always taken complete mocks with default sequence AWA...IR...QUANT...VERBAL...

I never was too ambitious and just wanted ti score around 680 -710...and thought with a bit of luck and revision of concepts in 5-6 days after last mock would take me there...but i was completely devastated by my verbal score. Obviously i cancelled the score and plan to give it another shot around sept 20. I must admit i never went through a complete study material and indulged in learning through practice apart from learning bits n pieces of basics from veritas and manhattan guides. I must have solved close to 700 questions on gmatclub timer....accuracy 50 _ 60 % and the complete official guide ...accuracy 75%.
Now i have less than a month to improve at least 12 points in verbal...considering deadlines. I also have to take IELTS as i am from india.
Please suggest how should i proceed to improve 12 points on verbal....my drawback....not too much fond of grammar and use logic in sentence correction....my weakest area CR...
THANX

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 149

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Re: 1 month to improve from V24 to target V36 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2017, 00:52
hi, my verbal score has dipped from 33 (first gmat prep mock)to 27 ,while my quant has increased from 41 to 48. i have studied verbal from egmat . i am facing troubles in CR questions .can you suggest how to increase score to 40+

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 17

Re: 1 month to improve from V24 to target V36   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2017, 00:52

1 month to improve from V24 to target V36

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap