Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 09:00 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 233
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 1422 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HBS & Haas Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
1 week for GMAT still score below 600 [#permalink]
It sounds like you're having a really difficult time right now and I can relate to the exam anxiety and stress from fluctuating mock scores. Can you share a bit more about how you're taking your mocks: the order (quant or verbal first) and quant-verbal breakdowns just to see where's the most room for improvement in the next 10 days?

If you really feel that you know the material and this is a "nerves" issue then I think you've got a shot at this. I hope you can take some comfort from my anecdotal experience that the last mock I took before my final GMAT attempt was 60 points lower than my actual exam score. It's a matter of finding that drive to keep pushing anyway because it's the exam day that counts! So keep your chin up and work on the things you can still fix like refining your technique in terms of timing, approaching questions, letting go of difficult ones, breathing, and so on.

I really wish you the best and let me know if I can help!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1304 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Re: 1 week for GMAT still score below 600 [#permalink]
Mentioning areas you find slippery (i.e. RC) could be helpful. If you are working fulltime, perhaps taking some time off work could be useful as well.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
GmatKnightTutor wrote:
Mentioning areas you find slippery (i.e. RC) could be helpful. If you are working fulltime, perhaps taking some time off work could be useful as well.

no I am only preparing for the exam right now....I guess it has been over 8 months. although I believe Verbal is not that much hard, as I mentioned above, whenever I sit for the mocks, my score goes down but if I am practicising, I get over 60-75% accuracy. Math has always been tough on me but after diligent practice i did manage to get a Q44, which was motivating for me. With the exam around the corner, my mock scores are really demotivating and scaring me.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22070 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Anushka6 wrote:
GmatKnightTutor wrote:

no I am only preparing for the exam right now....I guess it has been over 8 months. although I believe Verbal is not that much hard, as I mentioned above, whenever I sit for the mocks, my score goes down but if I am practicising, I get over 60-75% accuracy. Math has always been tough on me but after diligent practice i did manage to get a Q44, which was motivating for me. With the exam around the corner, my mock scores are really demotivating and scaring me.

Do you think because you are solely focused on your GMAT prep right now that you are burning out a bit?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Hi i am using egmat too. Can i dm? i have few queries
GMAT Club Bot